After Story (5/5)

The sound of preparations filled the castle. Cutlery, musical instruments, heavy fabrics being dragged across the floor.

Bakugou had just gotten his measurements taken so he headed to the healer's. His favorite time of the day, visiting her.

"I'm sorry my boy, but you'll have to wait until the ball. It is for the best if we let her rest a little while longer-"

"Oh let him in old man!" (y/n) shouted from inside the room.

"I-Im afraid I cannot your majesty!"

Bakugou sighed and nodded, leaving the Queen to rest as requested. Absent mindedly, he arrived at a nearby balcony. To his surprise, Aizawa was there as well, looking at him as if he were expecting him.

"Everything ready for the ball?"

"Yes, I believe so." Bakugou stretched his hands upwards.

"You took a glimpse of what it's like to run this place. Your duties as King will be twice as hard."

Bakugou felt a little bit anxious.

"I've been through worse." he smiled. "I believe I can manage."

"Well, your adventure is only now beginning." Aizawa patted Bakugou's back.

"Thank you for accepting me, mister Aizawa." Bakugou nervously spoke, earning the smallest, but most genuine smile from Aizawa.

...

The ball room was filled with plenty of people who were chatting, drinking, laughing. Everyone went silent however when a servant spoke up.

"Her majesty, Queen (y/n)!"

And there she was. Her gown elegant, her crown brighter than ever. Her robe heavy, yet extraordinary.

Bakugou's heart fluttered in excitement after seeing her. He followed after her, standing behind her as usual, and waited for her speech.

"Thank you for coming here today." 

Taking a moment to look at everyone in the room, she looked behind her, her eyes meeting with his.

"Everything looks great right?" she smiled, everyone laughing and smiling back in agreement. "I owe this to Katsuki."

Bakugou's eyes softened.  

"While I was recovering, he imprisoned the man who attacked me, attended places on my behalf, did all my paperwork and, most importantly, planned this ball."

Everyone started clapping as (y/n) motioned for Bakugou to come forward. She took his hand in hers and held it firmly.

"You didn't have to, you know." he whispered, holding back his amusement.

"I know. But I did."

"Well, I have something for you as well. Come on."

They walked out of the room, everyone looking at eachother confused before turning back to enjoying the night.

The young pair arrived at their beloved balcony, and so, Bakugou got on his one knee, (y/n)'s eyes widening at the sight.

"I love the way your face lights up when you're happy. The way you warm up my bare hands with your gloved ones when you notice how cold they are. The way you talk when you're excited. The way you always listen to my dumb stories. But most importantly, the way you make me feel whenever I am with you. Throughout our journey you've made me feel safe, loved, accepted."

He took a hold of her hands, his eyes never leaving her teary ones. Then he pulled out the most beautiful ring she had ever seen.

"(y/n), will you marry me?"

"Yes!" she exclaimed.

He stood up and wrapped his arms around her, picking her up and kissing her passionately as she cupped his face with her gloved hands. He then let her feet touch the ground and put the ring on her finger.

"This isn't much but-"

"It's just perfect."

Her smile warmed his heart.

"I love you (y/n)."

"I love you more Katsuki."

"Don't mention my speech to anyone."

"Oh yeah? I'll announce it to all the people in the ball room!"

She picked up her gown with her hands, her heavy robe still making it harder for her to run away, and made her way to the ball room with Bakugou chasing after her, their laughter echoing through the castle's walls.

...

And just like that, the couple was finally married. The ceremony was just like a dream. And so was his coronation.

The kingdom became fond of Bakugou. Of course, there were some that opposed to the marriage and coronation, but the couple didn't care.

"My King." (y/n) smiled, taking his hand in hers after giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

"My Queen." he smiled back, following her to the grand balcony.

"May the King never die!" a noble exclaimed.

"Long live the King!" the townspeople shouted thrice, Mina's voice being louder than everyone's.

Everyone cheered as the young couple waved at them with bright smiles on their faces.

"I can't believe your explosions worked." (y/n) whispered.

"Well, they used to call me King Explosion Murder when I was little."

"You're not allowed to work on them inside my chamber."

"In our chamber."

"You're still my guard. Don't let that title fool you." she smirked.

"Yeah yeah." he sighed, wrapping his arm around her waist.

"The crown suits you." she smiled, looking at his face adoringly.

He looked at her and took a moment to admire her beauty.

"You're better."

"Katsuki." she rolled her eyes and chuckled.

With that, he gave her a quick peck on the lips and jumped on the balcony's railings while shouting,

"Everyone, name's King Katsuki Bakugou!"

[ END ]