Chapter 36

The following day (y/n) had some work to do outside the castle. But there was something wrong. She kept having the feeling that someone was talking about her. Or rather, thinking about her.

She brushed those thoughts away and continued riding her horse to Monoma's castle. It was the big day. The day it was going to get demolished.

She stood a bit further away from it as she watched it fall down into big and small pieces. The loud noises of the bricks and stones falling on the ground made her feel like screaming but instead she just closed her eyes and covered her ears.

Who the hell is thinking about me.. she thought after feeling an intense chill hit her spine once again.

"Excuse me, your majesty." one of the workers said, tapping her shoulder lightly.

When she looked around, she blushed from embarrassment after seeing that everybody's eyes were on her. And not because she was royalty, but because she was standing in the middle of the field with her eyes closed and ears covered.

"Yes?" she asked, clapping her hands once so that everyone returned back to work.

"This is all we can do so far. We'll work on the rest as the days pass by. We don't want to disturb the residents of the area with too much noise in one day."

"That sounds like a good idea." she smiled.

Her heart felt more at ease when she saw that the castle was halfway ruined. The land belonged to her now, so she thought of ways that she could put it in good use as she rode her horse back to the castle.

"Glad too see that you made it back safe." said Aizawa when she arrived. "This came for you."

"What is it? A blue sealing wax I see."

She spoke with not much interest in her voice. The blue sealing wax meant romance and passion.

"A proposal, I suppose."

She sat on her throne and opened the envelope, reading the letter out loud for Aizawa to listen. It was indeed, a proposal.

"What are you going to do?"

"Is that even a question? Of course I'm going to turn it down."

Her heart belonged to someone else anyways.

"Right. I should've known."

"Nobles are getting quite courageous these days huh." she smirked, asking for a guard to send her the royal messenger.

"And you're slowly returning back to your old self I see."

She smiled and looked at her gloved hands.

"No.. I'm not. I'm never going to. But there's no point in me being all anguished in front of you. I don't want to make you worry anymore."

"I know." he whispered, putting his hand on her shoulder.

"You summoned me, your majesty?"

"I did. I want you to write a response letter to this proposal."

"A rejection?"

"You know it."

The messenger chuckled and left the mess hall, ready to fulfill the Queen's orders. Suddenly, she gasped after feeling another weird chill hit her body.

"What happened?"

"I think I have a fever or something."

"Let's go to the healer's."

When she stood up, (y/n) felt her body become as light as a feather. Her eyes rolled back and right before she made contact with the floor, Aizawa caught her. The guards entered the hall as soon as they heard her crown fall from her head and when their eyes landed on her figure, they helped Aizawa and took her to the healer.

"Dear God." the healer gasped when he saw her pale face.

...

She woke up hours later, gripping her sheets after having a horrific nightmare.

"It's okay." the healer softly spoke, rubbing her back gently while giving her a glass of water. "It's over now."

"I know.." she murmured. "My shoulder hurts."

"I'll take care of that in a minute. For now have this painkiller."

"Do I have a fever?"

"No, but it was going to happen sooner or later. You haven't eaten or slept in days. Your body eventually gave up. Thank God Aizawa caught you, who knows what would've happened if you hit your head!"

"I apologize for worrying you."

The healer smiled sadly, wrapping new bandages around her shoulder. Then, as he was searching inside his drawer for some vitamins he accidentally dropped a heavy metal tray that made a loud thud when it met the ground.

(y/n)'s body started trembling as she covered her mouth, trying to prevent herself from screaming.

"I'm sorry." he said, picking up the tray. "Take three deep breaths for me."

She listened and after that, her body started to relax once again.

"You're still having small triggers?"

"Y-Yeah.."

"How about you take a hot bath? It will help calm your nerves."

She nodded and stood up, promising him that she would try to get some decent sleep after her bath. He couldn't help but worry though. (y/n) was always hard to convince.

Entering her chamber, she let her back rest on the wooden door. She found herself staring at the ceiling for some time.

"It's always around this time." she chuckled, making her way to the bathroom. "Always around this time I suffer the most."

While soaking herself, she raised her one hand, watching as the little droplets fell from it down to the steamy water, the small sounds they made relaxing her in a way.

"Is this how I'm supposed to live now?" she whispered. "Is this how I'm supposed to live? Huh? Katsuki?"

Her eyes widened when his name escaped her lips. She grit her teeth and hit the water with her palm, spilling half of it on the white floor tiles.

"It hurts!" she shouted, hitting her chest as if trying to stop her heart from aching.

After taking some deep breaths, she tried to get out of the bathtub only to slip as soon as her feet touched the floor.

Her knees got red from the harsh fall and her knuckles started to turn white after helping her support her weight so that her face wouldn't make contact with the floor. Tears fell from her eyes down to her hands that were slowly turning into fists.

"That wasn't goodbye! I didn't want it to be! Why aren't you here then?!" she shouted, only to feel another chill down her spine that made her break into tears even harder.