After Story (2/5)

Bakugou entered his old room and started collecting most of his belongings. After that, he grabbed a paper and started writing a letter for (y/n).

It was almost nighttime and (y/n) was still trying to calm everyone down. But her thoughts were consumed by him.

Shouldn't she have said that? She should've waited a while longer until they made their relationship official to the public..

"Everyone is dismissed." she spoke loudly, everyone bowing before eventually leaving the room.

She waited for a bit before running outside the room, making her way to his. It felt weird. Going to his old room after so many months, since he slept in her chamber. Her heart dropped when she opened the door and didn't see him. Her eyes landed on the paper, and bitterly, she started reading it.

'I think it would be best if I left for some days. I'll return as soon as things get a bit calmer.'

Tears filled her vision and she left the room, rushing to go get her horse.

It's my fault. she thought. I put too much pressure on him.

Guilt. Overthinking.

She arrived to the stables and started unleashing her horse. Her trembling hands slowed her down however so she looked around for the stables man. Her eyes went wide when they landed on an unfamiliar figure.

His eyes were tired. His face pale. His hair as bright as snow and his hands.. his hands resembled the ones of a corpse.

"Who are you?" she asked, her hand reaching for her sword only for her to remember that she had left it in her room.

"I love your gardens. Would be perfect for my plants."

She rolled her eyes and looked around impatiently for a guard, only to feel a sharp pain on her neck. Her one hand clutched it as it quickly became numb.

"Y-You're the one who-"

"We signed a contract a while ago. You promised me acres. The ones you were going to sell to that noble, to be exact. Such a shame for you to fool me."

Her vision started to become blurry as sweat covered her face.

"I declared our contract null and void after finding out that you were going to use it for illegal substances." she struggled saying as her voice trembled.

"Well that's a pity. I always get what I want."

He took out his pocket knife and stabbed her on the left side of her abdomen. Gasping, she fell to her knees, feeling her whole body become numb and weak while also suffering from the aconite's burning sensation through her system.

Tears ran down her cheeks as her eyes closed slowly, the last thing escaping her lips being his name.

...

The next morning Bakugou was sitting outside with his friends, talking about the whole situation, when a royal messenger approached them.

"I came with bad news." the messenger spoke, his worry being visible in his eyes from miles away.

"What happened?"

"Her majesty got poisoned and stabbed last night."

His eyes widened as he felt his heart shatter at those words.

The castle's loud bells startled everyone.

"That's not a good sign." the messenger stressed.

Bakugou rushed to his horse and hopped on, quickly making his way back to the castle.

...

Without even bothering to knock he burst in the healer's room and his eyes met with (y/n)'s pale body that was covered by sweat and blood.

"Who did this?" he asked, his knuckles turning white from the firm fists that his hands formed.

"We don't know.." the healer spoke as he rested his hands on his face.

"Was she awake when she was brought here? Did she say anything about their appearance?"

"I'm afraid not, young man."

He grit his teeth and kneeled next to her bed, wiping away her sweat stained face with the back of his hand.

"Was she drugged with the same poison? Aconite, was it?"

"Yes that's right. Fortunately it wasn't a high dosage." the healer spoke as he prepared some medicine for her to take. "I injected her with some adrenaline, luckily, just in time."

Aizawa entered the room not long after, his eyes falling on Bakugou's distressed figure.

"Let's have a quick chat."

"I can't let her." he slowly spoke. "Not again."

"Two guards are standing outside the entrance. I assure you that she will be fine."

With a quick glance at her before leaving the room, he reluctantly followed Aizawa. They ended up sitting on a bench near the training grounds. A place where Aizawa adored to be at.

"Firstly, this wasn't your fault. Do not feel guilty for leaving. The pressure you were under is understandable."

"I failed to protect her. I promised. To you, to myself." his voice trembled. "What if she-"

"She's going to be fine, I'm sure of it." Aizawa said, patting Bakugou's back in reassurance. "She will need your help however, while she is recovering."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, we need to catch whoever was behind all this. Furthermore, (y/n) has a lot of duties to fulfill. There's the part where you come in."

"I can't appear or speak on her behalf. I'll get killed." he scoffed.

"You need to gain people's trust, boy. Better start now, since your relationship is no longer a secret."

Bakugou started playing with the round metal that was resting in his pocket absent mindedly.

"Mister Aizawa, well.. do you think I'd be suitable as King?"

Aizawa took a moment to think before replying to his question.

"What I think is that you should stop caring about what people say. The Queen herself adores you for God's sake!"

Bakugou chuckled for a second before a saddened smile formed on his lips.

"I can't really see myself as someone of such high status to be honest." he sighed. "(y/n) deserves the world. I can't offer her much.. I'm not rich. I don't have manners. I have a bad reputation. The list goes on and on."

"You filled her life with happiness and excitement. That's what matters to her. You saved her, Katsuki."

Bakugou's eyes widened as his grip on the bench loosened. With all his courage he asked,

"I wanted to ask you-"

"You have all my blessings."

Bakugou sighed, a quick smile forming on his lips as he rubbed his neck and nodded his head towards Aizawa.

Aizawa stood up and put his hands inside his pockets.

"Are you ready?"

Bakugou stood up as well, a smirk forming on his lips.