Chapter 3

"Kirishima, I already asked your friend, but I wanted to hear a reason from you as well. Why did you attempt to assassinate me?"

"The King, your father, ordered for mine to be killed. He had simply stolen some money, who didn't steal those days! He raised me on his own, but he couldn't get a job due to his criminal record. At last, one day of starvation turned to my whole childhood." he reluctantly murmured.

His words pained her. Her eyes softened for a second but she fixed her posture immediately after. She had to seem strong in front of everyone, so that they wouldn't doubt her.

"I'm truly sorry for what my parents made you and your family go through. I'm hoping that my place on the throne will bring a brighter future to this kingdom." she assured.

His eyes met hers once again and he gripped the covers of his bed.

"What is Bakugou doing?"

"Giving me a headache."

He softly chuckled and dried the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand.

"You two came to an agreement right? I overheard the healer talking to a guard."

"Words sure travel fast around here." she grit her teeth.

"I'm still not so sure about it.. and I'm positive that the other members won't be happy to hear that our leader is serving as a royal guard. But I'm grateful that you.. well.. didn't cut our heads off."

"I'll trust that you won't betray your gratitude towards me and provide you with a horse so that you get back to wherever you came from safely. Let your little assassin group know that if they ever try to step foot on my kingdom as threat, I assure you that they will regret it deeply." she warned, her once calm face now replaced by a dark glare.

...

The next morning, she was sitting on her glass table, silently sipping from her cup of tea, staring outside the now repaired windows. Bakugou was standing silently next to her, praying that someone would shoot an arrow at him. He was informed not to speak unless he was spoken to, but it was hard for him not to get into someone's nerves for once.

"You do this every damn morning?" he grunted, the sudden sound of his loud voice making (y/n) almost spill her cup of tea.

"It depends on the morning, now shut it."

"What, am I supposed to stay here like some sort of servant?"

"In a matter of fact, yes!"

He covered his face and sighed loudly, resting his back on the large windows. He was dressed in a total black outfit, signatures of the royal cypher stamped on the left side of his chest in silver characters. He was allowed to keep his cloak and gloves, although he still complained about the lack of weapons.

"I'm as bored as you are. Whenever I don't have paperwork or places to attend to I just walk around the castle doing nothing."

"You have the freedom to do whatever you want. Why just walk around the castle and drink tea."

"It's not that easy.." she murmured, smiling sadly at her half-finished cup.

"Why are you dressed like that? Aren't princesses supposed to wear fancy dresses?" he mocked.

"Since you're so eager to know, it's easier for me to move around in these clothes. Although formal, they are comfortable. However, not really fitted to someone's depiction of a Princess, or rather, soon-to-be Queen. Of course, I wear dresses and such in certain meetings and formal events."