𝟑||

"Today we're going to perform a little ice breaker

"Today we're going to perform a little ice breaker." Ms. Mayweather was bouncing around the hot ass classroom, excited about our activity.  Everyone in the session just continued to stare at her.  I turned my head towards my newfound "friend" to see him smirking, holding in a laugh.  His light brown eyes met mine and I let out a quiet chuckle.

Kentrell and I had been getting along ever since he picked me up from my dance practice a couple of weeks ago.  We hung out just about every day after my dance practice and often went to group therapy sessions together.  The first time he came back to group therapy after his brief absence made Ms. Mayweather speechless.  He was on time and was walking in, laughing and smiling with me.  I couldn't tell if it was a good or bad thing that she was surprised by his return, but I let it rub off my shoulders and obviously Kentrell didn't give a fuck.

He continued to be a nuisance in class; not speaking when she asked him to (other than to say some smart-ass comment that would have the class laughing).  He also would hardly participate in group activities, often calling the other group members "lame" or "crazy."

It sort of hurt my feelings because I was really interested in group therapy and wanted to get better, mentally and emotionally.  I asked him about opening up more in our sessions and he blew up on me as if I had shot his dog or some shit like that.  If anybody needed the therapy, it was his ass.  The nigga has real life issues.

"I'on fucking know them people!  They don't needa be up in my business.  I'm just there so I won't get in no trouble.  I ain tryna go back to jail.  You wildin' now, luh girl."

I left it alone after that because he was super pissed that I had suggested it.  I didn't really understand why it was so hard for him to trust people, but I've seen how secretive he really is.  I recounted all the times we hung out together and not once has he ever invited me over to his house.  I never invited him to my house but he's seen where I live.  He comes to pick me up when we're hanging out with the gang and drops me off after practice, group therapy, or whatever we were doing that day.  It was odd.

Kentrell was very hot and cold, never in-between.  When he was sober, he was either super quiet or overly hyperactive.  When he was high off lean, pills, or weed (sometimes all three), he was super mellow until something (usually minor) set him off.  Then he would flash out on somebody.  Baby Joe, Three, Ben, and his other friends seemed to be used to his antics...but me and my friends were a little surprised.  Everyone seemed to shrug it off, but I knew better than that.  Maybe that's why Kentrell and I were close.  I saw through all the childish ways.  They were definitely a cry for attention.