𝟏𝟐𝐚||

"Flight 2047 to La Guardia Airport, Queens, New York City now boarding

"Flight 2047 to La Guardia Airport, Queens, New York City now boarding..."

Rico and I grabbed our carry-ons and started for the gate.  I looked at my Apple Watch to see the time before scanning my surroundings for Kentrell.  Where was he?

"We about to miss our flight.  Where this nigga at?" Rico asked in a frustrated tone.

"I don't know." I said, quietly as I stood up, looking for his face.

I had decided to give Kentrell a ticket to my exhibition yesterday after mulling over everything that happened with him and his son.  While I was still upset about him not telling me that he had a child, I wanted him to come with me to New York.  He had told me he'd never been before and that he would plan visits to come see me when I left for school in the spring.  Plus, he's never seen me truly dance before.  It was an opportunity for him to gain some ballet culture and experience life outside of Baton Rouge for a few days.

"Ladies you have 15 minutes to board the plane."  The flight attendant told us.  Rico showed the woman her boarding pass and started getting on the plane.

"Lover boy better hurry his ass up before he gets left.  I'm gonna go pick out some seats for us." She said, making me nod.  After a few minutes, I sighed heavily before turning to give the woman my pass.  As I was heading into the tunnel, I heard someone call out to me.

"Say, Chocolate!" I whipped around to see Kentrell jogging over with his boarding pass.  The woman smiled at him, which he returned before he grabbed my waist with one arm and slung his carry-on over his shoulder with the other.  "I know yo' ass ain' 'bout to leave me." He told me, making me smack my lips.

"You getting left behind would've been your own fault." I told him with a laugh at the end.  "C'mon.  Rico should've found us some seats by now." I told him.

"Fuck, I forgot you invited ha' ass." He complained with a frown on his face.  I turned and gave him a disapproving look.  "I know, I know...that's yo' bes' fren an' shit." He said, reading my mind.

We got on the plane, finding Rico.  She gave a small smile to me and Kentrell, allowing me to sit in the middle and him in the seat closest to the aisle.  "Is your dance instructor coming?" Rico asked.