𝟏𝟔𝐛||

BEN'S POV

BEN'S POV

"Your Honor, I would like to make a motion for my client to be given a reduced sentence with the possibility of probation."

I heard my public defender request to the old judge who sat in front of us.  I sat up in my chair, giving him a sad look, hoping that'd be enough to sway him.  I watched him look at me before rolling his eyes.  I smacked my lips quietly as I folded my arms over my chest.

"You're asking me to look into the idea of letting this young man get probation for class action felonies?  Drug possession?  Assault?  Alleged conspiracy to murder?" the judge asked in disbelief, looking my lawyer square in the eyes.

"The drug found in possession was under two-and-a-half pounds and the other alleged accusations are only circumstantial and were alleged from the arresting cops.  With no solid proof, it won't fully hold up in trial.  Though he has an interesting juvenile record, these would be his felonies as an adult." My lawyer argued.

"Such heavy first felonies, huh?" The judge said as my lawyer shrugged his shoulders.  The judge looked over the paperwork that was put in front of him, putting on some glasses to read.  "Mr. Mahone, you know I'm not in the habit of giving patternous people second or third chances." He concluded and I sighed.  Well, this was it...  "However," He started, making me and my lawyer sit up straight, "I'm going to look into this.  I'll have you do a reset for 35 days from now.  That's well after Thanksgiving."

"Thank you, judge." I blurted, standing up with a big ass smile on my face.  He turned to me with a glare.

"Mr. Fields, I haven't given a decision yet.  You better hope that my investigation of the matter goes in your favor.  You could be facing life in prison.  You're only 18 years old and have already settled on the course of ruining your life...there's nothing to smile about." He told me, pointing to me.  That wiped the big ass smile off my face immediately.  "Take the upcoming holiday to spend with your family while you're free...this could be your last holiday with them out in this world for a long time.  Meeting adjourned." He slammed down his gavel and got up from his seat.