𝟏𝟗𝐚||

RANADA'S POV

RANADA'S POV

Finally, it was the night of my recital.  Everything I'd been preparing for was leading up to this moment.  Tonight, I was about to have EVERYBODY watch me do my last performance before going to college and, truth be told, I was completely terrified.  Madame Deveraux had been boasting for the past few days about how proud she was of me and the other dancers, but made sure to let me know, personally, how happy she was.

The pressure was sure to be on.  This was the first time most of my friends were able to see me dance and that scared me for some reason.  I was used to being criticized and judged, professionally, but having that come from loved ones hits different.  Mama and Reyna were in the audience to support me and so was Ben, Rico, Baby Joe, KD, Three, Kee, Calae, and of course Kentrell.

"Miss Landry," I heard from behind me, "you have a large group of guests that want to see you." I turned to see the stage director shift nervously on his feet.  I let out a soft chuckle and shook my head, knowing that my friends and family were probably raising 100-dollars' worth of hell to get backstage.

"They can come back for a few minutes." I agreed as he nodded and motioned for somebody to come in my dressing room.

"Bout time, shit."

"Shit'chea, we was bout to fuck some shit up."

I heard Baby Joe and KD say as somebody shushed them.  "Watch your mouths, boys." Mama's voice rang out, making me laugh.  I smiled once I saw just about everybody walk in the door with grins on their faces.

"Hey girl!  You look so pretty!  OMG!" Kee's voice shouted as she ran up to hug me.  I laughed as she held out a bouquet of red roses.  "I know we supposed to give 'em out after the performance but I don't trust these people enough to leave them at my seat."

"Those from both of us." Baby Joe said behind her as she rolled her eyes.

"I bought them...but yeah the card is signed by me and him." She answered truthfully, making Baby Joe smack his lips.

"Thanks, Kee and Joe." I said to keep them from arguing but it didn't work.  Once they hugged me, Baby Joe grabbed Kee's arm and pulled her outside.

"Why you have to say allat, mane?"