𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄||

SEVERAL DAYS LATER

SEVERAL DAYS LATER

OMNISCIENT

"Will the Defendant please rise?"

Ben and his lawyer stood up, as the judge put on his eyeglasses, and looked at the single piece of paper the bailiff sat in front of him.

"The United States v. Benjamin Fields case has been deemed resolved and equipped for restitution. For one count of First Degree Conspiracy to Commit Murder, I find the Defendant not guilty." Once those words left the judge's mouth, Ben let out a sigh of relief as Kentrell, Rico, and the rest of their friends sat behind him with huge smiles on their faces.

The judge continued. "For one count of Aggravated Assault, I find the Defendant guilty. Finally, for one count of Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent to Sell, I find the Defendant guilty."

Ben's heart dropped into his stomach once the judge read out the other two charges. He wasn't necessarily worried about the Agg Assault charge because he knew he'd get about 6 months of jail time for that. However, the drug charge posed a sentence of up to 50 years. With his criminal background, he wasn't expecting any type of leniency with that.

Judge Hammond looked over at Ben with a stern, menacing glare. He pushed his glasses up on his face before looking back down at the paper. "Sentencing will take place immediately. For the guilty verdict of Aggravated Assault, I sentence the Defendant to 6 months of state jail where he will enroll in a rehabilitation program." Ben nodded his head. Like stated before, he expected this. "For the Possession of a Controlled Substance with Intent to Sell, I am sentencing the defendant...54 months in federal custody with the probability of parole after completing a drug program. The sentences will be served consecutively."

Everyone gasped, unable to find words on how to feel. While most people would believe that is a fair sentencing, Ben and his friends couldn't help but feel like 5 years was a life sentence. Everyone's reaction was different to the news. KD and Baby Joe both got pissed off and walked out. Three got up and walked out to check on KD and Joe after hearing Baby Joe shout obscenities outside the courtroom. Kee and Calae were sad and thought to comfort Rico, but the ex-girlfriend and soulmate of the defendant had completely gone numb after hearing his sentencing.