𝟏𝟕||

OMNISCIENT

OMNISCIENT

"I think I want to get a more in-depth family history since I have the three of you here today."

Ranada stared at the therapist lady in front of her with a slight attitude while she sat on the opposite side of the couch from her mother. Reyna was also in the room, sitting in a chair that was in between Ranada and the therapist.

Today was the family session that Ranada requested, with some encouragement from Dr. Vincent, her psychiatrist. After she finally opened up about her issues, Ranada had ultimately started feeling somewhat comfortable with one-on-one therapy. However, her last session with Dr. Vincent led to the overly optimistic idea of Ranada bringing her mother and sister in for a family session. She didn't know how she'd agreed to the idea, but here they were, sitting and waiting uncomfortably for their time to begin.

On the other side of the couch, Tina Vanessa sat with crossed ankles and her hands in her lap. Through her beauty was a lofty smile on her face, a condescending act that she always did to hide how she truly felt. She didn't see a need to be there with her eldest daughter because, in her mind, she didn't have a problem. Apparently, that's not what Dr. Vincent believed, though.

"Dr. Vincent, is this absolutely necessary?" She asked with the same smile on her face.

Looking up from her notes, Dr. Vincent let her eyes travel to the older woman. Noting Tina's rigid and proper posture, and the fake smile, she offered a more genuine one before setting her pen down. "I just think it would be a good idea to get a feel of you all's family dynamic pre- and post- your husband's death."

That knocked a few centimeters off Tina Vanessa's smile. She went from being very proper to completely tight-mouthed. "Our family dynamic is fine." She encouraged as Ranada rolled her eyes.

"No, it's not." She said to her mother. Tina looked off to the side, annoyed at Ranada for speaking out against her.

"Don't use that attitude and tone with me. Reyna and I are here to support you. Nothing else."