𝟏𝟓||

A/N:  The following scenes are a span of over 14 days

A/N: The following scenes are a span of over 14 days.

KENTRELL'S POV

"Let me get inside this house before my mom sends out an Amber alert or something."

Ranada and I were sitting out in front of her house in my car.  I was finally dropping her off back home after spending a few more days at my Paw Paw farmhouse.  I was kinda fucked up about letting her leave because we were having so much fun, but I understood her wanting to get back cool with her mama.

She turned to me with a smile, which I smiled back.  Her and them fat ass cheeks, mane.  I just wanted to bite them sometimes.  "You gonna be okay without me?" She joked.  I let out a laugh, but in the back of my mind...the shit was killing me.

"I'mma be straight." I said.  It must've come across as unconvincing because her smile faded a little.  I glanced in her direction, looking at her worried face before looking away towards the road.  "You know I'mma always be good, mane." I said.

I felt her grab my face, turning me to look at her.  "You okay?"

No.  "Yeah." I said to her with a nod.  She continued to look in my eyes, searching for a sign that would tell her that I was lying.  It wasn't gonna work though.  I was the master at burying my true feelings.  "Fa real.  You ain' gotta worry bout me, slime."  I promised her.

"Okay." She said softly before bringing me in for a kiss.  I grabbed the side of her face as she was trying to pull away, deepening the kiss.  Truth be told, I wasn't ready to let her go.  On the inside, I was being selfish and wanted her to stay with me forever.  It was rare to find someone who truly felt the way I felt about they mama.  But I know Ranada and her mama didn't have the same type of relationship that me and Sherhonda have.  They deserved to try to make that shit work...no matter how hard it was killing me to see it.

She finally pulled away from me, pecking my lips before grabbing her bag and getting out the car.  "Chocolate." I called through the passenger seat window.

"Hmm?" She turned around.

I gave her a small smile, watching her beautiful face stare at me with confusion.  "I love you." I told her, my voice sounded like a whisper.  She smiled back, apparently hearing me.