𝟕||

The ride to the Baton Rouge State Fairgrounds was longer than I remembered

The ride to the Baton Rouge State Fairgrounds was longer than I remembered.  I wondered why Kentrell wanted to meet me all the way out here.  The fairgrounds weren't that far from my dance school so that was about a 30-40 minute trip from my house.  This was all so bizarre.  He was just weird and confusing. 

Before meeting him, I showered and changed into some black jogger sweatpants and a ribbed white t-shirt.  I kept my choker around my neck and left my hair to form its natural curl pattern after getting out of the shower.

I parked in front of the gate by the farm of the fairgrounds.  It was so weird to see it completely empty.  The only time I was here was when the fair was going on, so to see all the trees and grass was something.  The farm animals were grazing off in the distance, minding their own business.  It was peaceful here.  Peaceful and kinda eerie.

I sat on top of my mom's hood, waiting for Kentrell to show up, letting the summer night breeze softly blow my hair around my head.  I heard a low growl in the near distance, before seeing the familiar Challenger roll up and park beside me.  I knitted my eyebrows together as the muffled music came to a stop and the driver got out of the car.

Kentrell must've had the same idea as me because he was in completely different attire as well.  He was wearing a grey jumpsuit with an 'NBA' chain around his neck.  Still fine as fuck, but what does he want?  He faced me, leaning against the side of his Challenger, pushing his hoodie back some so I could see his face more.  His piercing brown eyes met my darker ones as he had a straight face.

We looked at each other in silence for a couple of minutes.  I grew bored after a while and decided to speak first, "Why am I out here?"

Kentrell looked at me from under his eyes lashes, his gaze sending chills down my spine.  He looked...sober, which means that this conversation was about to be serious.  "I felt like it was time to take yo ass off punishment." He said quietly, making me frown up in confusion.

Punishment?  For what?  "I'm sorry, I'm confused on whose daddy you think you are..." I said, folding my arms over my chest.  "And what am I on 'punishment' for anyway?" I asked, using air quotes.