𝟖||

"I can't believe you and Kentrell together

"I can't believe you and Kentrell together."

I was currently in my room with Kee, Calae, and Rico.  Mama had a late rotation and was already at the hospital and Reyna was staying over a friend's house so that just left the girls and me.  They weren't spending the night or anything, but we were hanging out and having a good time.

"I can't believe it either." Calae spoke in a surprised tone making me turn to look at my friends.

"We're not together together...but even if we were, why is that so shocking?" I asked.  I didn't understand why everyone seemed puzzled that Kentrell and I could potentially be a couple.

Kee smirked before flipping her hair.  "Because y'all are so different.  He a super hood nigga.  You a little bougie bitch."  I frowned up.

"I am not bougie." I retorted.  Calae and Kee both laughed.  I side-eyed Rico and she just shrugged her shoulders.  "What's so funny?"

"Girl, you are hilarious." Kee spoke before standing up and walking over to my vanity, checking her hair before turning around.  "You so damn proper and you be liking that white people shit.  You lowkey an oreo."

By the time Kee got finished speaking, I had a scowl on my face.  I hated when people spoke like that about black people who were into things that weren't conventionally black.  I loved Kee and Calae but it was hard to relate to them about anything other than boys, fights, and rap/Hip Hop music.  This was the primary reason I didn't tell anyone but Rico about my mental health issues.

"Whatever." I told them, not feeling like getting into an argument.  The four of us fell into a silence that was a little uncomfortable, but it didn't bother me.  If anybody wanted to leave, they were more than welcome at this point.  I took the opportunity to check my phone, getting a few messages from different people:  Mama, my dance instructor, Travis, and Rico.

Choosing to ignore my dance instructor and Travis, I quickly sent a reply to Mama's text about food and then opened my messages with Rico.

Rico:  what the fuck was that about?