Ch. 24 // Horror, unwanted, it happens.

Dad. Just him. Now stuck inside my head as it rises my fear. The image of him is impossible to erase at the moment. The only thing I can do is hoping that what my mind thought would never happen to any of us, including Matt. I can't have him suffer.

The clear sound from the radio was the only thing audible and the only one that's filling inside the car on our way back home.

Home.

"Matthew?"

"yeah?" he respond, still focused on the road.

"are you worried?" I asked.

He broke his focus, gazing down at me with confusion. "no," he said. "maybe but-"

"if yes, then what are you worried about?" I asked him again while stopping him mid sentence.

Once the car reached the red light, he looked at me fully.

"you." he sighs. "I'm worried about you, about how can I make you believe that everything will be just fine but until now I don't know how to prove it well. Every time you're alone, you keep spacing out like you're in deep thoughts and your eyes starts to water like you're going to cry. I'm worried if I'm not by your side, like just a minute you'll breakdown again. You Emma, I'm always worried about you, that's why I love you so much."

His free hand reached down onto mine as it skims my knuckles softly causing the same feeling something fluttering inside my stomach.

"is there anything you're worried about, Emma?" he asked.

"yeah." I replied with a sigh as I slouch back onto my seat.

"and what's that?" he asked again while continuing on driving.

"I'm just worried about what will happen to us if my dad finds out. And what he'll do to you, I'm worried about your safety." I sighed exasperatedly.

"I promise, the both of us will be fine. Keep that in mind, I promise." he chanted.

"promise." I muttered the word mostly to myself.

"and if he finds out where you are and try to take you away. I'm not going to let him, but if he passes I'll find you no matter what."

****

I felt like taking the shortcuts on my way back after having a walk myself. Something I felt the need to ease my problems without containing self-harming.

The shortcuts were small roads with barely people passing by but only one or two people walking opposite way was seen. Considering it was bright outside, it's not dark nor somewhat spooky.

Something caught my attention once I realize there was footsteps with the faintest sound trailing few feet away behind me. I stopped on my steps, glancing back to caught a black shadow as if it was a glimpse of a human size who looked like a man stood far behind.

I shrugged carelessly noticing that it might be just another person passing by, but the aura of him coming closer was felt making my goosebumps to rise on my skin. I quickened my pace as the man behind me does the same. He seems faster than I am, almost as if about to catch me with his bare hands.

"stop following me!" I shouted breathlessly as my speed increases.

His was too, in fact he was faster that finally he was in a better few making me to sped more knowing his figure was familiar.

It can't be my dad!

My heart leaped rapidly in fright, now that I know, my fear came just like what I always thought. My breathing became uneven but all I know right now; is to run.

"go away from me!" I shouted once more until I finally reach the end of the small road into the main road where I kept running while glancing back at forth.

My arms were caught with a strong grip as my body was yanked around so that I'm trapped and forced to stare at the deep piercing blue deadly gaze that I've been longed to forget. Everything rushed inside me as I struggle to escape.

How can I god damn escape if I'm afraid?!

"you can't run away from me!" he lets out a throaty yell.

"go away from me, dad!" I cried, gathering all strength to lurch my leg towards his weak spot.

His grips weakens by the pain he received. I run further not even bothered to glance back, what's important is to run as fast and distant as I could and find another hiding place.

Hiding, how can that even possible when I've warned myself millions of time?!

My focus was on my leg that hasn't been tired from running fast until I didn't notice I was bumped into another body which was a relieve. It was Matt. He caught me in his arms as I held tightly onto him.

"Emma? What's wrong?!" he asked with his forehead creased in concerned.

"I s-saw him! He-him-he's following m-me!" I semi shouted in fright as my body trembles.

"who? What are you talking about?" he asked me, somehow my lips taped shut. Unable to answers a word due to how scared I am at the moment.

"baby are you okay?" he soothes me.

I shake my head rapidly in respond. He tightened his arms around me.

"then who's following you?l" he asked sternly.

I swallowed down the lump that's been preventing me to talk. "m-my dad. He-he's here."

"where is he?!" he semi shouted as if it doesn't scares him at all.

"behind you and hand over my daughter!" a deep fury voice answered behind Matt.

"no!" I yelled once dad's sharp knife was stabbed onto Matt's thigh.

Matt cried in pain as he tried to held me still in his arm but his whole body vibrates, slowly weakening with red liquid of blood gushing out from his thigh once dad pulled back his knife. I gasped loudly, feeling my breathing starts becoming uneven.

"Matt! No! Hold on!" I cried, supporting his weak body.

"if you're trying to get my daughter away, I swear I'll tear your flesh apart." dad growled in  deep voice as he grabs Matthew by the collar on his shirt.

"not until you pass me first!" Matthew shouted, lurching a fist towards my dad square in the jaw.

When my dad held his jaw while withering in pain, I took that advantage to run away with Matt, even though he couldn't run fast considering the deep cut on his tight, he had been holding on the pain by holding his breath.

"Matt, I want you to hold on! I'm calling for help! Okay?!" I assured him in worry. He nod his head and rest down.

"there's no help, sweet little girl." unknown face of another man showed up, in fact he was with a group of five people including him.

I backed away, taking Matthew's arm with me but his face were turning pale, he had too much blood loose.

"get the girl and finish him." the man demanded as the rest oblige.

"Matthew no!" I shouted once the other two man beat him up.

It was a horryfying view, theu repeatedly throwing fists at Matthew's face and as I was about to help him I was being grabbed that my struggle was pointless.

"put her inside the car, and make sure she's all covered." dad demanded. "no more running away."

They taped my mouth, covering my whole face with a big black plastic bag so that everything was pitch black and I couldn't breath in an air properly since my air supply was particularly limited. I tried crying yet no voice came out but only tears falls without a pause as if another time I'm going to cry with blood instead of tears. My body was being thrown to a hard surface making me unconcious.

~~~~

A/N: ....this chapter sucks isn't it?