Ch. 15 // A Warning.

I got wi-fi, so....

"oh god." I groaned, lifting Matthew's heavy body up to his bedroom with his arm hung loosely around my shoulder while Carter holds the rest.

"damn, he wasn't this heavy last time." Carter said, trying to gain more strength for him to carry already passed out Matt.

Once we reached his bedroom, Carter literary threw his body onto his mattress. I notice there was something on his cheek as I examined it. "wait, why is there a red mark on his cheek?" I asked, breaking my eyes from Matt to Carter.

"um.." he scratched the back off his neck nervously. "I slapped him."

"Carter!" my eyes widened.

"I'm sorry! He was freaking me out!" he replied, throwing his hands in the air.

After thanking Carter, he drove back to his house. I walk back to Matt's bedroom, repositioning his sleeping position since Carter literary threw his body not caring on how he fell like. His body is now straight. Lifting his head, I slipped on pillow underneath it, his head immediately tucked on it. I stayed there, sitting beside him, wondering how did this even happen. He doesn't seem like a party animal at all, to my opinion. My breathing suddenly stops as my fingers trace along the red lipstick print on the side of his neck near his jaw. Somebody...kissed him? Was he kissing a girl when I left?

Why am I feeling the sudden pain of jealousy washes over me? Jealousy, I've never felt that before. But now I'm feeling it, and my heart suddenly aches at the thought of the earlier conversation with Cameron, the word replays inside my head; It's obvious that you have feelings for Matt, but I'm making sure you're not going to get yourself depressed again just because your heart is broken when you know Matt still loves Justine.

I think Justine was there, i think. It was quite suspicious to me.

God, stop it Emma, he's not even yours.

I sighed exasperated, hopping out from his bed but being pulled back on the arm by a strong grip. I stumbled and fell above Matt who's eyes fluttered open. My breathing quickens, knowing that I'm on top of Matt's body, our body pressed against each other, this is the closest I've ever been. Even my pounding heart was audible loudly in my ears.

"ah, fuck." he muttered, face scrunched in pain as he held his temple with his other free hand. He's still gripping onto my arm.

"Matt," I whispered in a very shaky voice.

"shit, where are we?" he asked, shocked.

"home." I replied, still trembling.

He breathed out in relief, the smell of alcohol lingers around my nose and I almost don't like how it smells.

"if you can let me go, I want to go to my bedroom now?" I said rather questioning.

"can you sleep with me?" he asked, almost sounding like he's secretly pleading but by the look on his face he's trying hard to hide the fact that he does.

I can feel my cheeks increased a heat inside it. I roll over to the side and nodded. "alright fine."

He flashed a sleepy smile and shut his eyes close, probably drifting back to sleep. I turn around, finding a comfortable sleeping position. Soon I felt two arms snake it's way to my waist wrapping it securely giving me warmth, safe feeling, care. I was surprised at Matt's sudden action, but no matter how hard I'm lying to myself, I love being nowhere else than his warmth lingers around me.

But my eyes shot opened when a faint sound someone barging through the front door was heard. I hesitantly shook Matt awake as his eyes squinted opened.