Ch. 18 // The ugly truth.

(Emma's POV)

The knocking sound grew louder as it's awaking me from my dream. I didn't even realize I fell asleep on the couch. Groaning, I finally drag myself from the couch while glancing at the clock.

1:00 AM, in a very early morning?

Right, it has to be Matt.

As I attempt to fix my appearance, I swung the door open but the person who I expected to be wasn't Matt. It was a girl who stood impatiently in front of the door with her arms fold in annoyance, icy blue eyes darkening as it sharp eyes gazing me up and down like it's slicing my soul with a knife. To top it all off, she has a pale blonde hair cascading down her slim waist perfectly, and the fact she's a little taller than I am, she is as if about eating me alive. Who is she?

"you must be the little angle Emma." she smiles sharply that doesn't seem to touch her eyes.

"yes, and you are?" I asked with a confused look on my face.

"it wouldn't be important for now, wouldn't it?" she reply in a sharp tone that's sounding as if it's about to eat me alive. I gulp at her attitude towards me.

"are you looking for someone?" I asked.

"clearly. You." she replied, narrowing her sharp gaze towards me as it's adding more sharpness to her gaze.

"excuse me, but how do you know who I am?" I asked rather confident.

"we all know you from the lovely Matthew Espinosa." she raised her well shaped eyebrow. "he's such a lovely person, isn't he?" she faked a sarcastic wide smile that shows her teeth.

"I don't understand-"

"cut it off." she snarls. "I know you're smart and wise enough to understand."

I blinked at her confusingly. What does she has to do with me and Matt?

"no wonder why Matthew is in such a hurry to leave." she snarls.

"where is he?" I asked.

"my hotel room, don't worry honey I left him a good night kiss on the lips before going here." she smirks, a devilish smirk on form on her lips.

I feel my anger grows and it flares, not to mention but a wave of jealousy splashes me. "who are you and what do you want?!"

"are we changing the subject? Cause that's not what I want right now." she scoffs. "wow, he really did took a good care of you since the car accident. And it's Justine."

My eyes widened in shock as I eyed her with disbelief. Justine, the girl who broke Matt into pieces yet still manage to make him crawl for her as is he's her slave. Oh, why should I be questioning why Matt still lover her? Her skinny jeans just show how much of a dream body she has, down right attractive, enough to make boys drool over her appearance, but then again, she's too mean to look beautiful in my view.

"answer me, idiot!" she barks.

I blink at her, "he's a caring person."

"oh really? Not surprised, but I'm surprised that he's keeping a dangerous girl like you."

"dangerous?!" I widened my eyes at her. She knows... No!

"don't be silly, honey," she scoffed. "you can't keep hiding, people are slowly finding out who you are and if they do, consequences are coming after you. Especially living with someone who's known by millions of people or known as famous."

I stare at her longingly as her words remain still inside my head. She stares back with a look that's telling me I should be aware of all that. Consequences, hates, rumors, how could I not get that? I'm a daughter of a rapist and a murderer, how could people not give me disgust look if my secret blares? And I'm here, hiding away from my father rather hiding away from everything, like I'm keeping myself in a bubble that who knows when will the bubble break?