Ch. 4 // The News.

"miss Zoey, your leg is getting better, all bruises and cuts are healing well although you still need to stay for another week." The doctor informed after he changed my cast to heal some bruises with two nurses.

I refuse to tell them my last name is Henderson.

I nod my head in response. I've been here for 2 weeks. Well i was in a coma for a week, and then a week to heal, and another week for some good rest.

"and soon we can take off the cast on your leg once you're going home, it's not a very deep cut, it'll heal fast." he grinned gleefully.

"thanks." I replied as the doctor and the nurses left.

"do you want anything else?" the kind hearted nurse called Alice asked.

"uhh.. I'd like to watch TV." I said.

She walks over to my bed as she set up the bed a little higher so that my body is sitting down yet still resting onto the bed. She grabs the remote, pointing it to the television as she press the power button. It took me by surprise when I saw Matt was interviewed in a local L.A. news.

"do you want me to change it?" the nurse asked.

"no, turn up the volume." I said as she did what I said.

She puts the remote back in place. Before she left the room she says, "I'll be back for your dinner time." and with that she exits the room and close the door behind her.

I focus myself on the television, stunned and surprise is what i felt as i read "Matthew Espinosa Car Accident."

Matthew Lee Espinosa, assured everyone that it was an accident and he will take all the responsibilities to himself as an apology to the girl named Emma Zoey.

The 17 years old famous teenage boy almost sent to jail when the officer soon find out it was clearly no one's fault during the incident.

Matthew : even though it was no one's fault i still blame myself. I will take all the responsibilities for the hospital and her surgery.

Interview : so how did the car accident happen?

Matthew: yeah, it was late at night and saw her running towards my car.

Matthew, also made a big apology on his social media such as instagram, twitter, and YouTube.

I broke my focus away. It's not the news, not him, it's my dad. What if he finds out about this news? That i'm not prepared to be in another torturing life with him. Just when i was thinking of how worried i am with my dad's sudden presence, the next new was about;

Randall Henderson Strikes Again.

I snatched the remote from the bedside table, quickly turning the television off. I can't stand hearing another news about him murdering or sexually torturing someone.

The thought of him made my eyes look over to my scar. I trace my fingers from my wrist up to my elbow area. Every scar has it's story.

The scar on my left wrist area is when i was desperately calling out my mom when i know... She has left the world.

On my right around my wrist is when I miss my best friend, Heather so badly.

And the other scars are just the same; me hating my torture life. From the age of 14 until now I'm 16, I had been struggling, drowning in depression and stuck with someone who's very abusive to me.

A few drop of tears came crashing down onto my scar. It erupted into pouring tears, again I start sobbing as i curl up hugging my knees.

God, help me. I sobbed desperately.

I've always wanted to scream, but there aren't any strong reason why i couldn't. If only my dad never let the monster inside him overtook his body.

He was such a sweet boy my mom adores so much. I remember how my mom always describe her lovely husband, my dad, when i was five. She told me she was lost in his mesmerizing glittery blue eyes, she felt sparks inside her whenever he talks to her, she fell in love the way he laughs and smile. Mostly she fell more in love when he decides to marry my mom. 

And soon when it came to financial crash, dad lost his job, mom discovered about her lung cancer, the nightmare begins.

Now here i am, desperately seeking for help, skinny and pale, tortured, and scars all over my arms and thigh. Having no idea what to do besides Suicide.