Ch. 3 // Introducing each other.

"well.." he huffed while shrugging his shoulders, backing off a few steps away from my bed.

"sorry." i mumbled, looking down to my fingers. His uncomfortable feeling was noticeable by the look on his face.

"it's fine." he managed to smile a little even though his lips went back to how it is. "just don't get to freaked out."

"you don't look like you're fine." I stated, because i know how it feels like lying about the word 'fine', i don't think he is.

He tilt his head to the said as he narrow his eyes towards me. "i can tell you know." I said.

He looked away, a huge sigh escaped his mouth. "i'm not really into fame.. Well.. I love to know that I've made millions of people smile but i don't want people to view me as The Matthew Espinosa." he explained, emphasizing the word 'The' with a tone. "i just don't like it that way, i mean i'm just a teenage boy like others, you know what I'm saying?"

I nod my head, understood with how uncomfortable he felt when someone went maniacally crazy over him. I understand what type of guy he is and i like the way that he wants people to view him as he is, Just A teenage boy, but i understand also that this boy is something more special in other peoples eyes.

"it's just since i got all famous, people around me became... Weird? They suddenly act like i'm something so special. You see? I don't like that, when I'm a nobody, people would just ignore me, but when i turn into somebody, people tries to steal my attention. It's just so sad to know that actually people is trying to steal my fame." he frowned.

"uh i feel.. Sorry for you." i strutted, not knowing what to say. "truly, i mean, nobody wants to be with me." I frowned. "I'm a nobody."

"that's what i felt two years ago." he reply.

I shifted over to the side as i patted a free space for him to sit. He sat down on the bed right next to me.

"may i ask you something?" Matt questioned me.

"sure." I replied.

His hand gently grabs my arm where my scar lives. My battle wounds for almost 2 years. He brushed his thumbs against the dry cuts softly, one deep cut made in contact with his thumb as it caused me to flinch in pain.

"sorry!" he said, shocked. "so.." he clears his throat for a second. "since when did you... Cut?"

I looked at him, locking eyes with him. I hestitate to spill out my story, I've never open up to people, and the fact that we've just met few minutes makes me think twice before telling him my story.

"you can trust me." he assured me.

"fine." I sighed. "ever since i was lonely, when i was 14."

"what happened?" he asked.

"i lost my only best friend, i don't where she is right now. I told her don't ever come back for her own safety and it's the same day when my mom dies." I explained, feeling a lump forming inside my throat as if my voice cracks every time i spoke.

"i feel sorry for you.. It must be really hard for you." he said while his thumb brushing softly against my wrist. "I'm sorry, if you don't mind, how did you're mom died and how did you lost your best friend?"

My eyes starts to water in tears, I tried blinking them away but it threatens to fall. I bit the inside of my cheek. I swallowed the lump i felt inside my throat as I continue to spoke, "my dad. He's very abusive to me."

"my mom was dying from a lung cancer. My dad caught me playing with my friend, Heather when i knew that i was never allowed to interact with people. He tries to hurt her but i blocked her way so i got few bad punches. That's when i told Heather to run away. Mom came in to stop my dad and... She... She..." I stopped, inhaling to calm down. "she died." i sobbed quietly.

He notice my sob as i felt a warm hands wrapped firmly around me, and i felt something I never felt before. Cared.

"that's why i decide to kill myself, but you decide to save me and now i don't know where to go. I have no one. I don't want to go back to my abusive dad." I sobbed as his hand soothed the back of my head, he motions my head down to rest on his chest. I start sobbing onto his chest.

"it's alright I'll sort things out. I can talk to your dad and-"

"no! No you can't!" I jumped off from him instantly screaming. "you don't know who he is! You're crazy if you decide to talk to him, Matt, he's dangerous! He's the murderer and a rapist that the police tries to hunt down until now, that's why i was forced not to interact with people so he won't get caught."

"shit." he mumbled underneath his breath. "but he did nothing to you right?"

"not sexually, just.. Punching, kicking, slapping and all those torturing stuff! That's why Matt! I can't go back to him, you have to kill me now, Matt!" I cried.

"no no no! Don't think like that!" he hugged onto me tighter than before.

"what else can i think about? I've been torture for 2 years! I just want to die, i have no one and no where. It's useless to save me." I cried loudly.

"but.." he paused, as he continues to finish his sentence, "you have me."

I look up to him, to see his light brown eyes both formed a tear, his lips curved into a frown, i gently brush the tear that rolls down his cheek. "why are you crying?" I asked.

"i can't stand seeing girls this depressed like you." he said as he wiped his tears quickly with the back of his hand. I felt warmed a little inside, noticing somebody actually cares. "what's your name?" he asked.

"Emma." I replied.

"your full name?"

"Emma Zoey-" I paused. "Henderson."

Matt furrowed his eyebrows. "don't tell me you're Randall Henderson's daughter."

It's true. But i couldn't manage to say it, instead i bit my both lips into a thin line and start sobbing softly while nodding my head feeling ashame of my dad. He's all over the news, and the police are tracking him down until now.

"well Emma, I'm going to help you." Matt said, a grin took over his face.

"h-how?" I questioned.

"leave it all to me, you'll be just fine." Matt stated.