Ch. 21 // Unacceptable.

The noisy voice of conversations with the faintest sound drawn myself back to reality, awakening me from my sleep. The spot next to me was vacant with sheets crumbled. I frowned momentarily as Matt's voice became clear. I kick the duvet off my body and drag myself out of the bed, curiously walking out from the room with no sound made.

"what you said to her was a stupid move! And you are not helping me at all!" Matthew growl from downstairs as I continue peek through the stair case.

"I've known you since we're in kindergarten, and you've known her for only two months! I told her to leave you alone and that's the right thing!" a voice of a girl shouts back, assuming that it belongs to Justine.

She's here.

"and then telling her to be alone out there?! Who's going to take care of her if she has no one left?!" Matt shouted.

"She might be faking about-"

"Justine Justine, stop! Matt's right, Emma has no one but him, you have no rights to tell her that yesterday and you have no rights to stop Matt." another voice of a boy replied which I'm unfamiliar with.

"I may have no rights but I know what's best for him! She is not meant for you, Matthew! She's dangerous!"

My frown deepens. The rude remark stung my chest like knife stabbed through it. The fact that I'm partially am, just because my dad is dangerous to the people around me.

"and she gets what's best for her." Matt bites back, the tone of his voice indicates the conversation hasn't done yet. "she needs me, who else would she be needing?"

"for fuck sake, Matthew, you couldn't be falling in love with a street rat-"

"she has a fucking name!" Matt growls. "you know the fucking answer, and I'm keeping her with me and no one can disturb me."

"dude I think Justine is trying to get you out of danger." This time, a familiar voice was heard and I'm slightly frightened to know the voice belongs to Cameron.

"shut the fuck up, man! You fucking kissed her!" Matthew hissed as I decide to tip toe down the stair case for a clearer view but making sure my glimpse isn't easy to be seen.

"that was an accident! We've talked about this." Cameron hissed back.

"you scared the shit out of her!" Matthew shouted.

"that's not my fault." Cameron spat.

"that's your fault alright?!" Matt growls, pulling a fistful of Cameron's shirt on the collar. Everyone tried pulling Cameron and Matt apart.

That's when I finally jolt out from my hiding place accidentally making a loud stomp of my foot and yell, "Matt!" indicating him to stop.

It attracs everyone's attention to me sending me discomfort feeling especially Justine staring at me with her predatory icy blue eyes gaze as she scoffs at my action, making me more uncomfortable and it slightly frightens me.

"Matt, Matt.." Nash said calmly as he nods his head towards me.

Matt's focus diverts from Cameron and then too me, slowly softening as his gaze landed on me. He shoved Cameron away and offers me his hand to take but everyone's stare is making me hesitant.

I backed away slowly, but lightly pushed forward by a young looking boy behind me, he encouraged me, "go.. It's okay, Emma." he whispered giving me a convincing soft smile.

He knows me, who is he?

I blinked at him, he nod his head forwards indicating me to go. He had a dark brown slightly curly hair that's up in a quiff, and he seems to be a bit shorter than others.