Ch. 10 // Just the two of us.

Hard time sleeping is quite making me uncomfortable. I glance up at the shining light peeking through the closed curtains window. Without making loud noises, I slowly exited my own way from Matt's bedroom. He's still fast asleep and I don't have the heart to wake him up from his peaceful sleep, he seems to be very sleepy.

Once I'm out from his room, I glance over to the clock that's hanging on the wall, the arrow shows that it's 7:19 AM. I slowly shut the door, making sure only a small noise was made. From what I assume, Dylan and Ryan are probably sleeping also. It's a very early morning for winter season and holidays.

Slowly but surely, taking each steps down the stair case but the pain on my injured leg still hurts. The sensation was burning and the pain starts to throb, at least it wasn't as bad as yesterday. I have to held my breath, preventing myself from feeling the burning pain. Once I reach downstairs, I immediately slump myself onto the couch, resting my burning pain.

Now I feel a bit uneasy living with the most famous boy. It shouldn't be like this. Sure it's pretty confusing, the situation I'm drowning in right now confuses me.

I huff out a sigh, shutting my eyes for a few second when a soft voice was heard, "are you okay?"

My focus immediately found its way to the voice that belongs to Kristen. I stammered, trembling slightly, "I'm fine."

She sigh, letting herself take the free spot on the couch next to me. "I've heard what happen from Matt few days ago, I didn't want to ask you though. Sorry about Ryan and Dylan last night."

"it's okay. I just want to forget about everything." I replied, constantly reminded about my abusive dad.

"you could. Matt would help you. He's a genuine kid." she stated, softly giggling.

Genuine. I smile at her statement.

"well, me and the boys are heading back to Virginia today. So I have to wake them up." she said as she stood up from her position, walking upstairs to Ryan's and Dylan's room.

****

"so it's just the two of us now." Matt stated, when the cab drove off from Matthew's house, his sister and brothers already left.

I nod at his true statement, "you can say so."

I purse my lips into a thin line while staring blankly at my fiddled fingers. We're currently sitting on his porch. Not that everything is empty inside my mind, I'm just thinking. Just the two of us left, I can't stay any longer here. Drowning in thoughts, I didn't realize Matt has called my name twice as I snap out from my daze.

"what are you thinking about?" he asked, forehead creased in concerned.

I shook my head in response.

"you were zooning out." he said. "seriously, what's wrong?"

Turning my head to the side, my eyes met his honey brown eyes, searching for something that's called; trust.

"where am I going now?" I muttered, eyes still piercing with his.

He shook his head, giving me a smile yet assuring smile. "you're going nowhere. You're staying with me."

"it's to risky."

"nothing is risky." he defended.

"what about the rumors? The hate? The criticize?" I asked.

"I'm sure people will understand. Criticize is nothing. It doesn't define who we are or the situation we are in." he said convincingly.

I stayed silent, then continued at my one fear, "what about my dad?"