Ch. 8 // Home sweet home?

"great news, miss Zoey, you're allowed to go home today." the doctor announced, grinning widely.

I smile weakly in return. I can't be so cheerful, where am I going now? I let out a big exhale as Matthew enters the room himself after knocking on the door twice. His both hands are full with shopping bags. What?

"hey." he flashed a huge smile showing his pearly white teeth.

"hi." I replied. "shopping bags?" I questioned, tilting my head at the sight of so many shopping bags he held.

"all yours." he place all the stuff on the couch.

My eyes widened, disbelieving his words. All that?! All those unimaginable expensive stuff?! Slightest guilt was felt inside me, Matt is literary put way too much effort that it seems like I'm relying on him.

"no way, Matt." I shook my head.

"yes way, Em." he replied.

"t-those are too expensive." my mouth part open still in shock.

"ah, it's nothing." He shrugged. "i mean you're not going to go home without any clothes right?"

I raise an eyebrow at him as he hands me few of the shopping bags. "this is too many for me." I shook my head, pushing it back to him.

"no, please, take it." He said sternly. "I insist. In fact I've already pay this all there's no turning back, and it's already part of my responsibilities."

"what responsibilities?" I knit my eyebrows together.

"to make sure you're fine." he smiled softly. "open those and try them on."

I look down to the shopping bags that are already placed on my lap. There are about 10 bags of clothes, and 3 shoe box. I shook my head lightly at the sight of the expensive stuff he had bought for me, making me feel as if he's spoiling me. I don't want people to view me that way. Hesitant, I open one of the shopping bag which I believe is the H&M clothing line from what is written on the bag. I pull the soft material which happens to be a navy blue sweater, it was thick but it seems thin. I stare at it in awe, I've always wanted a sweater that can caught my eyes ever since I was a little girl.

"go try them on." Matt said, as he help me getting up from the bed.

It felt weird when my toes made in contact with the cold hard surface of the floor. He hands me my cane as I walk to the bathroom. He puts all the shopping bags inside the bathroom for me to try on.

"thanks." I smiled at him as he nods, shutting the bathroom door closed.

I assessed through the bags and ended up pulling few clothes enough to cover my scars. I decided to wear a maroon red skater dress, the bottom was long enough to cover the scar on my thighs. Slunging the white cardigan on, it cover all the scars on my each wrist. I looked at myself on the full body lenght mirror. Tilting my head, I feel... Different, I look refreshed slightly. But insecurities never fails to make me feel down, no matter what, I'm not as beautiful like those other girls. A soft sigh escape my mouth, I'm trying to suppress myself from crying at what's seen in the mirror. I felt enough of looking myself on the mirror, it still makes me insecure. Bony and pale, that's me, all ugly with scars.

I grab my cane and exited the bathroom, feeling more insecure when Matt snap his head towards me. I look down, taking a strand of my dark brown hair that's falling on my face to the side of my ear.

"you look wonderful." Matt said as he walks towards me, smiling at my sight.

"thanks." I smile back, still feeling insecure. "how did you get all this girl clothes?" I asked curiously. If you think about it, how can a boy get all this eye catching girl clothes without having a problem?