Chapter 1

SVU Season 16: Episode 1

In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous

In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as The Special Victims Unit.
These are their stories.

"Detective?" An officer came up to me at my desk.

I looked up from my computer "Yes?"

"There's a lady here saying she needs to see you. I'll send her up if that's ok?" He asks me.

I nod as he walks away, I continue working on my report from my most recent case.

I jump when I see a plastic filled bag with to-go containers be dropped on my desk, I look up and see the smiling face of my sister-in-law, Linda.

"I thought maybe I could bring you lunch." She said sitting down on my desk.

"Thanks." I said peeking in the bag "So what is the real reason you are here? Not that I don't enjoy seeing you."

She sighed "Please come to family dinner, we are celebrating Jamie."

I haven't seen my family other than Linda, Grandpa, and my nephews in almost 2 years. The last time did not go well, and I have no plans to see any of them any time soon.

"Linda. You know that will not end well." I said setting my food to the side as I look down at my fingers.

Linda got up coming closer to me "You are a part of this family too."

"I know I am. Doesn't change anything about how they treat me." I say scoffing.

She frowns at me "Me, the boys and Grandpa would love to see you. We love you. Please come to dinner at 7pm." She kisses my forehead and walks away.

"Where's the shooter?" I hear Liv say as she walks in.

Amanda gets up "At the hospital with Fin. The girl, Luna, is in interview. She is shaken up."

"How'd they know you were picking her up?" Liv asks as she walks into her office, Amanda and I follow her.

"Amaro thinks that they were followed to the precinct." I say to her.

"Amaro?" She asks me with a confused look on her face.

"Yeah. He was the arresting officer." Amanda says looking at me with a smirk.

A guy pops up out of nowhere making me freeze in place, he is incredibly handsome. Now I know why Amanda smirked at me.

"They shot at cops right outside the station. So, they want us to know they're crazy." He said staring at me.

Liv looks shocked but changes her expression quickly "You must be my new detective."

He smiles "Dominick Carisi, Jr. Call me Sonny. I brought zeppoli." He says shaking all our hands lingering on mine, making blush.