Chapter 12

Blue Bloods Season 1: Episode 22

In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous

In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as The Special Victims Unit.
These are their stories.

Dad was standing against the window looking out as Grandpa stood behind us, Danny sat next to me with his arm around me as Jamie spoke "When FBI first came to me, I went to Alyssa, I knew if anyone could help me it would be her. After I broke off communications with the FBI Olivia, Alyssa and started looking into the death of Detective Gonsalves our my own as well as the Blue Templar. Long story short, she had left a sort of last testament with her sister. Wrote that when she arrived on the scene, Detective Malevsky had killed the two dealers and then told her that they had shot Joe. She didn't believe him, so the Blue Templar realized that, clearly, that made her a liability. Alyssa had her ME look into her death, it should have been a homicide not a suicide."

Dad sighs "Why didn't you come to us when all this started? Either of you?"

"Because Joe had kept it from you, we thought maybe this was something he left behind for us to carry on, and I wanted to honor my brother. They took my best friend from me; Jamie didn't even have to ask for my help because I would have done it regardless." I said speaking up as I blink tears away.

" I said speaking up as I blink tears away

"Now we are in over our heads. I mean, uh who the hell are these guys?" Jamie asks as Danny holds me closer.

Grandpa spoke up "After Serpico and the Knapp Commission and all the static that came with it, we started the Blue Templar as a way to police the police. There was a world of hurt in the ranks because a few bad apples had... brought such disgrace to the whole department. We thought it would be a good thing to have a band of brothers who kept a lookout from the inside. And it served a purpose for a while. We had a good man in I.A. who appreciated what we were trying to do. And we avoided some potential disasters from the rank. But after a while, the core group retired, and the Templar became just a bunch of guys telling war stories about the bad old days."