Chapter 4

SVU Season 16: Episode 8

In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous

In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as The Special Victims Unit.
These are their stories.

HOME OF
A.J. MARTIN & PAULA BRYANT

"We cooperated with the police. The D.A. offered a conditional discharge. My legal teams on it." A.J. states grabbing his wife's hand.

"That was before the video came to light." I stated to them.

"Yeah, well, I mean, that's what you should be following up on. I mean, who leaked this?" He asked us.

"We have detectives working on that." I said as a little boy in a jersey comes out and throws the football at Fin.

"Good throw, shorty." Fin said as he caught the football.

"I'm gonna be a player, just like my dad. Who are you?" The little boy asked us.

"Antwan Jarrod, it's time to go to your room. There's grown folks talking." Paula told him.

He smiled "What are you talking about?"

"Junior!" A.J. said harsh making me jump in my place.

He immediately tensed "Yes, sir."

A.J. glared in his direction "Go ahead to your room, boy. Ain't nobody playing with you."

I caught eyes with Fin, that was not normal.

"He wants to be like his old man. With an arm like that, though, he's a natural quarterback." A.J. said sounding proud.

"Carrying on the father-and-son dynasty." Fin says to him.

He nods smiling "True dat. Junior's coach says..." But is cut off by his wife.

"A.J.'s only 8, but he plays with the 10-year-olds." She said glancing to her husband and noticing how unhappy he looks.

I cleared my throat trying to break up some of the tension in the room "Uh... Would you mind showing me the restroom, please?"

"Yeah, sure, it's right down here." Paula said as she got up from her seat.

"Thanks." I said as I followed her.

Paula pointed to the door "It's... right here."

I nodded "Paula, is there anything that you might want to tell me about that night, about what happened?"

She shook her head, "No, I'd been drinking. I went after A.J., and I tripped. End of story."

"But you were going upstairs." I said before I was interrupted by A.J.