Chapter 5

SVU Season 16: Episode 9

In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous

In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as The Special Victims Unit.
These are their stories.

"Glove they found in the sewer grate came back clean. No DNA. No prints." Fin says posting it on the board.

"No DNA? Well, there goes codis." Sonny asks.

"Look, it was worth a shot. We think the perp knew her, so..." Liv began to say before she was cut off by Sonny.

"So, we re-canvass the area, video cams, parking tickets, I crosscheck the tea shop's credit card receipts with known offenders... I know the drill." He said going over to his desk.

"Fantastic." Liv said as I felt my phone buzz.

I pulled it out of my pocket and saw a text from Jamie.

Jamie Reagan: We need to talk. On my way to you.

I was responding as Amanda walked in "Hey, sorry I'm late. Con ed was on my block. The transformer was out. So, no electricity, no hot water. I had to take a shower at the gym. It was..." She said before Liv cut her off.

"Rollins, a word of advice. When you're coming up with an excuse, don't oversell." Liv said while I smirked in her direction.

Amanda nodded "Copy that."

"The perp wore latex gloves. We think he stalked her." I said getting up walking over to where Fin was.

"Okay, so you put it into vicap? You did, right? You have a detailed M.O. I mean, vicap is a comprehensive nationwide database." Amanda said bitchy.

"Yeah, I know. I was just about to get into that." Sonny said trying not to be upset.

"Ok, early Sunday, a Caucasian male assaults Annie Lin. Now, she's young. She is Asian. He chokes her and uses latex gloves. What else?" Amanda says opening her laptop typing away.

Fin spoke up "He hummed."

Amanda looks at him "He what?"

"He hummed. Annie remembered the perp humming while he assaulted her." Liv said.

Fin moved us to our desks as I whisper in his ear "What is going on with Amanda?"

He looked at me and shrugged his shoulders.

"He hummed?" Amanda asked.

"So, he's musical." Sonny said.

"You might think I'm crazy, but was it... was its gospel music?" Amanda asked Liv.