Chapter 9

SVU Season 16: Episode 17

In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous

In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit.
These are their stories.

"Cannoli's? What, are you trying to make me fat?" Amanda asks as I smirk to Sonny with his cannoli's in his hands.

"Come on, it's still winter." Sonny says.

Amanda caves "Just to be polite."

He looks over to me with a matching smirk "You want some?"

"I'm pretty sure you ate enough off me last night." I say winking in his direction.

Nick groans "Gross." Sonny then offers them to him making Nick shake his head "Oh, I'm good, thanks."

"Don't make me eat alone." Amanda says begging.

"I'll take one for later." Nick says grabbing one.

I see Bella walk in looking at Sonny "Sonny, where you been? I've been texting you all morning."

Sonny sets down his box "Jeez. Sorry. I had class last night. I must have left my phone on airplane mode."

She looks to me with a frown and worry on her face "Alyssa."

"Hey, are you okay?" Sonny asks as I go up wrapping my arms around her.

We walked over to the side when I spoke up "What's going on?"

"Tommy didn't come home last night. I'm totally freaking out." She says as I wrap my around her tighter for comfort.

"When's the last time you talked to him?" Sonny asked her.

"Right after my sonogram. He was still waiting for his parole officer, and then now his phone is going straight to voice-mail." She says looking distraught.

He puts his hands on her shoulders "Calm down. Did you call his parole officer?"

She shakes her head rapidly "Are you crazy?"

"Come here. Just take a seat in here." I say to her motioning for her to sit down.

"I'm going to get you some water." Sonny says before walking away.

I smile at her softly "Don't worry, we'll find him, okay? Everything is going to be ok."

After getting Bella to calm down and head home, Sonny and I make some calls. We find out Tommy is in jail after getting drunk and involved in a bar fight.

11TH PRECINCT
139 EAST 2ND STREET

The whole car ride over Sonny was furious, I could feel the tension in the car. Once we pulled up, he told me to stay here and slammed the car door as he got out. I sat in the car until I saw them come out, so I got out and stood by the car.