Chapter 15

SVU Season 17: Episode 5

In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous

In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit.
These are their stories.

15 Weeks Pregnant

Liv and I walk into the building after we got a phone call about a rape while we were out to lunch "Another push-in rape?"

The officer nods "Looks like it, Lieutenant. Guy follows the wife into her apartment around 11:00 intending to rape her. Husband comes home, gets pistol-whipped."

"Just like the one on Frederick Douglass." I comment on the body coming out.

"Worse. He stayed longer this time. We got the call a little after 6:00 a.m. Suspect left them tied up. Wife used voice-activated Siri to call 911." The officer told us.

Liv looks to me "Good for her."

"Uh-huh. So, she's still conscious?" I ask as we walk towards the apartment.

"They're working on her." He told us before we walked in.

Liv sees two detectives we have seen a lot of lately "Doom, Campesi, twice in two weeks."

"Long, hot summer. They're working on the wife, Cynthia Harris, in there." Doom says to Liv as he follows her.

I look to Campesi "She give a description?"

She shook her head "Not yet. EMTs are just finishing."

I walk over to Liv as she talks to the victim "Mrs. Harris? Hi, I'm Lieutenant Benson this is Detective Reagan. Can you tell me anything about the man who did this to you?"

"He was, um, black, tall. Hold on." She says as she begins moving around on the stretcher "My daughter. Oh, my God. Do you have my daughter?"

"Your daughter?" I ask looking to Liv.