Chapter 6

SVU Season 16: Episode 10

In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous

In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Victims Unit.
These are their stories.

BELLEVUE HOSPITAL
462 FIRST AVENUE

Amanda, Liv, and I were walking with the doctor as she told us what happened "She presented with a serious head wound, said she fell in the bathroom."

"So, she was found in her own hotel room?" I ask.

She nods "By the maid. Security called 911. She disclosed the rape to the E.R. nurse, so we ran a kit."

"Any drugs or alcohol in her system?" Amanda asks.

"No drugs. Alcohol levels were high, though... 0.12." The doctor answered.

"Still intoxicated this morning." Amanda mutters making me look at her with a confused face.

Liv glances to me "Okay, any other injuries?"

"Bite marks, some bruising on the thighs and hips." She tells Liv.

"She says who her assailant was?" I ask speaking up.

She shakes her head "That's outside my purview, Detective."

"Thanks." Liv says as we walk in the room.

"Detective Taymor, we're so sorry. So, can you walk us through the details?" Liv says to her as I notice how uncomfortable Amanda looks.

"Oh, I, um... I guess I had too much to drink at dinner. I-I got up in the middle of the night, went to go get a glass of water and... fell, and must have hit my head on the sink." She tells us nervously.

"What about the assault?" Amanda asks her.

"I don't... I don't know what you mean." She says not keeping eye contact with us.

"Okay, the E.R. nurse said that you disclosed." I said.

Her eyes dart everywhere but at me "I don't... I was... I was in an emotional place."

I notice Amanda pulling her phone out looking like she was going to be sick, she looks at it then looks up "Yeah, I'm very sorry. Fin needs me."

Liv looks to Amanda "Go ahead."

"