Athena-versal War P-1

No POV

Standing in the middle of the door to Dai's dark room, Angelina saw it as a mess. It was not something unusual, Dai had a tendency to release his anger in anything deemed touchable. He had anger issues ever since he was a child. And he had no way of cooling down without destroying anything.

Without Isabella.

"What do you want?" a tired, shaken voice broke through the quietness of the dark room. Angelina entered fully, approaching her son. Seeing him detached, sitting on the floor with his head to his knees.... It made Angelina's heart ache.
She sat down beside her son, resting her head back on the bed before tilting her head toward Dai. A sigh escaped her lips before speaking, breaking into her accent.

"I wanted to see how you're doing.... You've always been a mess"

Quiet.

"There's something else that you're not telling me about Isabella. Why are you hiding it from me. Do I not have the right to know about my wife?" Dai asked, finally raising his head. Yet he did not look at her, he only stared to what would be an abyss. Deep in thought.

"You don't.... It's too complicated Jameson. I don't want you to fall into--"

"I've already fallen into it mother! My life is at stake here. Although I do deserve it, I don't want to put others at risk... I have so many people tied to my own lifeline... I hate this! All of this! I regret everything!" Dai's voice broke between sobs, until once again he cried.
Angelina reached out to comfort him but debated against it. She sighed again, realizing how far away she is from his own son, even if they're inches apart. It made her feel useless.

"I'm sorry Jameson I didn't know it would get this far. I don't want you to fight, I don't want you to die. But it's just that I can not intervene in your matters. I wish I could do more... "

"Then do more! Don't just wish it! Help me! You could at least tell me