049

donghyuck stood up from the floor and reached out his hand for nari to grab it and get up as well. he took a few steps forward, licking his chapped lips. "hey deiji, its been awhile." deiji looked at him for a few seconds before shifting her gaze towards renjun. "hi renjun."

"yeah hi." renjun leaned back against the wall and watched hyuck and deiji awkwardly stand in front of each other. deiji looked at nari and raised an eyebrow. "whos that? is she your girlfriend, ren?" renjun scoffed and crossed his arms. "nah thats hyucks girlfriend if anything."

"huh?"

"WHAT?? NO NOTHING LIKE THAT IM JUST A FRIEND. my names nari by the way."

"right, im deiji."

"why did you leave?"

deiji looked at hyuck who was staring at her with an expression she never wanted to see on his face. she cracked her knuckles out of sheer nervousness and bit her lower lip, trying to find the right words. "hyuck you know why and i was gonna reach out to you guys as soon as i came back but i was scared and so i started hanging out with hyunjin instead because i was lonely and i felt really bad an-"

she got cut off by hyuck who had pulled her into his arms. renjun sucked some air in between his teeth and walked away from the scene with nari trailing behind him. "yo renjun are you okay?"

"i dont know you nari."

"so?"

"so i dont wanna talk about personal things with a stranger."

"im a bartender, people talk to me about their problems all the time."

"dont care."

"suit yourself."

"FINE," the boy stopped walking and turned around to face her. "it sucks that deiji only cares about hyuck and that hyuck always loved her more than me and that i always felt like a rebound, happy?"

"you werent a rebound though? maybe at first but i know he liked you a lot and maybe not in the same way he liked her but that isnt necessarily a bad thing, it was just different."

"yeah whatever." the two walked into the big room and sat down at their seats. nari looked over to renjun and saw everyone except him leaving in a hurry so she just assumed he told them about what happened. "nari where the fuck were you?" she looked at the girl sitting next to her and smiled. "toilet."

the show was over and everyone left the building. the sky had turned dark and the air was colder than when they had arrived. they were all waiting for riko, riyu and donghyuck to come out and then go to johnnys place to celebrate yuta and sicheng as well as riko and riyus great performances.

nari pulled out a pack of cigarettes from her pocket, taking one for herself and also letting lucas, yuta and jae bum one. mark walked up to them and asked if he could take a drag to which they all responded with a no.

jaemin, jeno, renjun, shotaro and yangyang walked out with a girl, presumably jaemins sister. hyuck walked out a couple of minutes after them with deiji by his side. the two said goodbye and hyuck made his way over to the others. "where the fuck were you hyuck? and who was that?" lucas asked as he blew smoke out of his nose. hyuck shrugged and sat down on a bench. nari finished her cigarette and sat down next to him, placing the back of her hand on his thigh and waiting for him to place his hand on top of hers.

"you ok?"

"yeah."

they waited for at least twenty minutes before the people who were performing well as the ones working backstage walked out, riko and riyu being two of them. riko was carrying her cello on her back which looked heavy asf. they walked up to the others as they cheered for them. "yo that was fucking great im so proud of you two."

jaehyun helped riko get her cello into the trunk of his car and johnny had called his personal driver to come pick some of them up since they couldnt possibly all fit in two cars and hyucks bike.

johnnys driver arrived and they finally got into the cars. nari, yuta, lucas and jungwoo in jaehyuns car, ten, doyoung, taeyong and sicheng in johnnys car, aera, riko and riyu in johnnys personal drivers car and mark and hyuck on his motorbike.

they arrived to johnnys mansion and were left with their mouths hanging open at how big it was. it was one of those older houses built with stone. the inside of his mansion was covered with wood and a bunch of antique stuff which was really cool and it made them all really happy knowing that he wasnt the kim kardashian type of rich.

♡