Chapter 5

Minju and Heejin were busy because the school festival day is tomorrow. They were very busy inspecting clubs, games for tomorrow and decorating the school with other students since they were the one incharge. 

They'll be going home late since they still have a lot of things to organize for tomorrow. They were suppose to tell Hyunjin and Yujin that both of them will be late for today but they didn't saw them.

Minju's POV

"Did the 2 of them went home already?" Minju mumbled while looking around, finding two certain figures.

"who?"  Heejin asked.

"Ah, Yujin and Hyunjin." Minju replied.

"Didn't saw them today though." The latter shrugged. She didn't saw them anywhere when those two always makes trouble.

"Maybe they already did.."

Minju and Heejin continued to do what they have to do, they organized some posters for the clubs, approved some games for the festival, roamed around the school and check the banners and many more.

when they haven't realize it's already 8pm.

"Heejin-ah, let's finish the last one quickly. It's already 8pm" Minju spoke while placing the last folder she needed to check.

"Oh right. I didn't notice.." The girl replied before continuing her task so they could go home right away.

"I'll go to the restroom first, wait for me." said Minju after placing the school files back to her table. They finally finished doing what they needed to check.

*Restroom*

The lights were blinking on and off, Minju tried her best to ignored it.

"why now.." Minju thought about leaving but she immediately went in one of those toilet cubicle since she really need to pee. Though part of her was scared and hurried up so they can leave right away.

Ah, those scary stories of their school are now flashing back on her mind.

when suddenly she heard footsteps getting nearer and louder. She could only pretend not to hear those.

"Why did I even listen to the stories about the school.." Minju mumbled. She was really getting scared.

After she finished, she quickly opened the door and was supposed to ran as fast as she could when she was welcomed by a familiar figure.

"Yujin-ah?" 

"Gosh, you scared me." Minju uttered. She really thought she'll run a marathon just to get out of here.

"Huh? Me?" Yujin pointed at herself, wondering how she scared the latter.

"you're afraid of ghosts?" There goes her playful smile. Minju knows

"N-no.. of course not! you surprised me you know.." Minju replied, looking away.

"Okay, if you say so." Yujin smiled again before leaving the restroom, "Yah, Wait for me there might be-"

"Ghosts?" The taller said as she looks at the open window with the curtains flying by the wind, Minju quickly saw it and it irked her to hold Yujin's wrist and run away with the girl.

While Yujin could smile from time to time as she lets herself be pulled by Minju.

Ah, she's really fun to tease. 

Meanwhile Heejin who's been wanting to go home already. "What's taking her so long?" She mumbled, pertaining to her friend who still haven't went back after saying she'll just go for a quick restroom break.  She couldn't take it anymore so she went outside the office and walked down the hallway when she saw a door open.

A woman looking outside the window.

"..is that a ghost?" Wait no. There's no such thing.

Just when Heejin was to run out of her being afraid, the woman looked at her.

That woman she can't deny she wanted to see today.

The wind blows in the open window, those curtains flying, the moon shining so bright 

and her smile.

It made my heart flutter.

How can one be this pretty?

Hyunjin went nearer to Heejin with a smile still plastered on her face, "took you long enough. Me and Yujin thought you and unnie are not coming back home."

The four of them were now on their way home. The house their parents bought for them was just 10 minutes away from school. 

There was silence. Yujin who's still looking at Minju with a smile after that scenario earlier that made her smile. She can't help it.

"Ah!! I really thought there was a ghost!" Minju stomped and whined. Yet Yujin stood there, finding her very cute. She loves her various cute reactions.

Yujin just found herself smiling again and again after recalling that. She's so cute.

Meanwhile Hyunjin who wasn't aware she was smiling too.

"Yah! the wind is cold, you should've not open the window! you're not even wearing your coat! Don't act like you're one of those pretty ghosts in the movies!" Hyunjin was still smiling, Heejin sounded all worried for her. She was enjoying her reaction. Heejin sounded mad and worried, but Hyunjin found her cute.

"pretty ghost?" Hyunjin asked and she could see the girl getting all flustered. That's a compliment. Heejin just walked away from her and she could only follow from behind. Continuously teasing her that she called her pretty.

They were just two best friends who's smiling because of the girls in front of them. 

"We thought you guys already went home we were supposed to tell you that we're gonna be home late today." Heejin said and looked back. Minju did the same.

"We were supposed to tell the two of you that we're also gonna be home late." Yujin replied.

"We practiced. But then when we got home you two were still not there so we decided to come back and see. " Hyunjin added, making the two wonder what they've praticed.

"Practiced what?" This time it was Minju who spoke.

"For tomorrow, remember every year unnie? we play for girl's basketball.." Hyunjin explained. It seemed like her sister forgot.

Not only does Hyunjin and Yujin play volleyball.. they also play for the girl's basketball. The two were athletic, they're known for that. They could almost play every sport competition in the school.

"Oh right." Minju scratched her head before walking ahead. How could she forget that.

"Me and Heejin will watch your play and cheer for the both of you! hopefully..  if we finished early for the final checking of club fairs so do your best." Minju said with a smile.

"We will." and they all smiled as they continued walking back home. They had some talks too, they were laughing their way back home.