Chapter-9

Hey guys! Finally back with the update. I decided to move staright to the part where Taani finishes telling her past to Rey. As I wanted the story to move a little forward, moreover you guys already know her past, so imagine her telling everything to Rey till the moment her family decides to search grooms for her. After that I have written.

Now enough of my bak-bak!

Enjoy reading everyone!

***************************************************************************************

Author's POV

Taarey sat in the room silently after Taani finished telling him about the hate her family had for her along with the reason. They were sitting silently, tears continuously falling from Taani's eyes and Rey just sitting startled. He had idea that she do not have good relations with her family but it would be to this level, he never imagined it. How can someone's parents hate them so much? It almost felt like he was hearing a ficticious story which has no chances of being possible. But it was and she was suffering from it.

He saluted her will power, courage and endurance for spending all her life in that house even after so much of negativity. His first impression of her being under confident, timid and shy changed drastically. Now, she was one of the strongest women he has seen in his life.

Where Taani was scared that he would hate her after knowing everything, her fear completely evaporated through his comforting hold on her hand which he held throughout her story. But still the main part was left. The last nail in the coffin, whatever happened with Atharv. She didn't knew how and whether to say it.

She looked at Rey who was sitting completely silent, and said,

"Ek or baat hai jo mujhe aapko batani hai."

Rey looked at her with concentration, and held her hand more tightly assuring her that he is listening. He wanted her to get over with it by pouring her heart out in front of him.

"Aapse rishta pakka hone se pehle bahot sare ladko se mil chuki hu. Or......" She hesitated saying, "Reject bhi ho chuki hu sabse."

She heaved a deep sigh looking at him but he gave nothing away, his gaze was just plastered on her.

"My mother, she believed that main khubsoorat nahi hu, na hi mujhme kuch aisa hai jo koi ladka mujhe shaadi ke liye pasand karega. That's why she always tried to groom me into a girl that I am not. Dressing me up like ......in dresses I am not comfortable in."

Rey's hand stiffened around hers, already aware that he won't like whatever she is going to say.

"She would make me look...lik..like...a ..sl..slut so that those guys get attracted to me and say yes for the marriage."

Rey closed his eyes in anger, hearing her say those words for herself. He was so furious at her family, only he knew how he was stopping himself from making them miserable.

"Just before you came to see me, ek ladka or aaya tha mujhe dekhne. At...Athar...Atharv." Taani was sobbing silently till now, even having difficulty while speaking, "It was just like every other time. My mother gave me a dress and made me dress up like everytime. He ....he asked me to show him ....wash...washroom and...."

"Shh!" Rey shushed her pulling her in his arms when he saw she was not able to speak anything, he didn't want to pressurize her so he mumbled softly trying to calm her down,

"You don't have to tell me if you aren't ready."

Taani shook her head still in his arms, her head was on his shoulder while his arm was around her back. He caressed her hair while she spoke,