Chapter-3

Enjoy reading!!

***************************************************************************************

Taani's POV

Raichand house

I was sitting in my room idly, not having much to do. Since I got my graduation degree and I didn't have a job or I wasn't allowed to pursue my studies further, I didn't had much to do. Fortunately all the chores of the house were done and it was my free time when Mumma barged into my room with her heels making noise on the floor.

"A family is coming to see you. Get ready in this. I will come in a minute to do your hair and make up."

She didn't even give me a minute to respond and went out. Sighing I looked at the dress which was another one of the skimpy ones, though it was decent compared to the ones I wore in past. It's not like I wasn't fond of dressing up or I hated to wear these dresses, but I hated the reason I was made to wear them. It was to lure and attract the men towards me.

I know what was going to happen today, another rejection will be made by the family, breaking me a little more than before

Taking the dress I went to the washroom and bathed again, as I was instructed to do everytime someone comes to see me. I wore the dress and went out, by that time Mumma was already there scowling at me, she admonished me once again,

"You don't have any sense of time do you? What took you so late? Itna time lagta hai ek dress wear karne mein?"

I just kept my mouth shut hearing her, as always. She made me sit on the dressing table stool, before she dried my hair and straightened them. Picking up the products she started doing my make up, which I was dreading the most. Whenever she makes me ready, I end up looking like a girl whose face was shoved into a pastry or a cake.

And as I expected, I was actually looking horrible with tons of make up on my face. With a dejected face I asked her hesitatingly,

"Mumma, make up bahot zyada nahi hai?"

She frowned at me saying,

"Well what do you expect? You are so ugly, I have to fix it all with make up to atleast make you presentable enough."

Her words pinched me and I could feel the tears at the brim of my eyes when she started going and said,

"Now listen, behave well in front of them and don't act like the desperate bitch you are. Your dad and me really want that guy to like you. Dare you to degrade us or make us feel ashamed of you."

I nodded my head and she went out. Soon I heard a car entering the premise of our house and guests being welcomed. I was waiting patiently when my mother came back and said rather ordered rudely,

"Come!"

I stood up in my six inch high heels that were really making it difficult for me to walk. I wasn't used to them. I walked outside behind my mother with my eyes casted down. But from my peripheral view I could see an elder couple sitting on the sofa beside my father along with a guy probably in his mid-twenties. I could already see them eyeing me distastefully. Did I forgot to tell you that most of the families that come to see me were downright chauvinists who doesn't like their supposed daughter-in-laws dressed up like this, still my mother makes me wear them thinking that it will attract the guys who come to see me. Yeah! Yeah, I too don't know where to bang my head.