Chapter-11

Hey finally back with the updates of your favourite story!! Yipee. I know you guys are most excited for the updates of thsi one so a surprise, four chapters in a row.

But on a serious note, I am a little disappointed with the response nowadays. Trust me it takes a lot writing the chapters, and we writers wait for your responses so eagerly. I know you vote on the stories, but a single comment won't take longer than a minute trust me. Seeing such a dull response seriously discourages the spirit of writing but i still try knowing how much you all love the stories. In fact, even criticism is welcomed if you don't like anything. But kindly take some time out and do comment, vote and share.

Now enjoy reading! Hope you like the surprise!

***************************************************************************************

Author's POV

A Week Later

Taani was in her room getting ready for the roka ceremony. She was sitting in front of the dressing table already in her lehenga. The excitement level from a day before suddenly came down when today morning her mother barged into the room shouting at her, again calling her ugly and then announcing that she would be there in an hour to do her make up and make her look 'presentable'. If you are thinking that she was sad because her mother again called her out ugle, then that was absolutely not true. Taani by now, was prone to her taunts and words but the fact that Sheetal would make her ready scared the shit out of her. Whenever her mother was on a mission to make her 'presentable', her face ended up looking like a cake. And she definitely didn't want to look like a cake iced with colourful frosting on her roka ceremony. She wanted to look beautiful, for herself and her him.

She blushed remembering Rey, his antics, the lunch she had a week before with his family, how he comforted her, then their drive when he came to drop her home and their endless late night calls which has now become a habit. Even yesterday night they talked for 2 hours, all the while him teasing her and she was blushing ten shades of red. She didn't even know when she slept talking to him but she remembers, him whispering a small good night to her through phone and a sound of a peck, like he was kissing her before she sleeps.

She was lost in her thoughts when her mother's angry voice reached her ears,

"Mirror mein dekhte rehne se chehra badal nahi jaega. Mena bola tha main ready karungi iska matlab ye nahi ki tum khud ka make up shuru bhi nahi kar sakti." Taani's face fell at her words, she found it difficult to keep her tears at a bay, her mother continued spitting fire, "Vesa achha hi hai nahi kiya, ek kaam bhi thik se nahi hota tumse. Pata nahi kyu tum jesi beti mili mujhe."

Sheetal stood behind her, while Taani was sitting on the chair, Sheetal grabbed the comb and combed through them harshly making Taani wince. Her eyes brimmed at the pain when her hair was tugged roughly, without even an ounce of concern her mother kept brushing her hair harshly, removing all her frustration through this while Taani bore it silently not wanting to make her more angry.

Picking up the curling iron, she started styling her hair, while curling Taani's hair she intentionally made the curling machine touch her hack of the neck. Taani gasped in pain and trembled under it, Sheetal scowled moving it away before saying,

"Tum seedha nahi baith sakti na. I really pity Reyansh and his family jinke ghar mein tum jane vali ho ab."

Tears which were in her control till now started flowing down freely and she wondered, is really Reyansh and his family unlucky by having her in their lives. The burning sensation on her neck due to the unattended burn was still paining but the pain in her heart was more than ever. She wished for this time to end soon and may be God heard her prayers because the next moment a knock resonated on her door.