Chapter-24

Yoo! Enjoy reading!!

***************************************************************************************

The next evening

Author's POV

Taani was getting ready in her room, prepping up for her date. Since, he told her to wear something casual, she just opted for a simple suit with palazzo and falired sleeves. She was combing her hair when her mother entered her room.

The latter's mouth fell open seeing her,

"What the hell are you wearing?"

Taani was shocked ta her tone, she shivered and just took a step back when her mother scowled,

"You are going with Reyansh, dressed up like that. Seriously?" Taani frowned then looked down at her clothes. She knew they were simple but only he told her moreover she thought she looked good when her mother said with disgust,

"Even a poor person or a maid wears better clothes than you. Tumhe pata hai that how ugly you are, atleast kapde to ache pehna karo. What do you want? Tumhe aise dekhke Reyansh bhi rishte ke liye mana kardein? Vese bhi you don't match his standards, tumne dekha nahi kitni ladkiya, vo bhi itni sundar or stylish uske aage peeche ghumti hain, or tum uski fiancé. I feel sad for him, pata nahi kese he agreed to marry you."

Taani's eyes teared up hearing her mother, when the latter moved forward and brught a dress out of it that Taani always tried to keep only in her cupboard. Her mother threw the dress on the bed, and Taani eyed it with disgust,

"Wear this!"

Her mother snapped when she said mumbling,

"But mumma, Reyansh himself said to wear something casual. Or main ye pehenke bahar kese......."

Her mother scowled and held her elbow wincing,

"Do as I say, stop arguing. What do you want, ki Reyansh bhi chala jaye tumhe reject karke? If you wanna keep him, start wearing nice clothes and looking good."

Saying that, her mother walked out of the room, asking her to change indirectly giving Taani advice or basically a threat to seduce her soon to be husband. Taani hated doing this, but she knew if she didn't hear her mother, she won't be able to step out of the house for her date. Hence, wiping her tears she changed into the dress. She flinched back seeing her cleavage popping out and her legs on display. The dress was too short, she wore modern dresses but this was too revealing for her liking. But she was thankful, her mother didn't go on a spree of making her ready and doing her make up.