PROLOGUE

As I said I would be uploading both the prologues!! So here it is, enjoy yourselves!! Along with one more chapter of this story, chapter-1 after this........

************************************************************************************

Taani's POV

Mumbai (6:00 am)

I was wide awake early in the morning sitting in the balcony of my room sipping a cup of tea, trying to relax my mind from the anxiety of the interview scheduled some hours later. After completing my studies recently and having my degree I was now on a hunt for job. I completed my graduation in psychology, although I wanted to continue my studies further and gain a doctor's degree in psychology to be a successful counsellor in the future but I couldn't do it because of my parents. They didn't allow me to continue studying the subject, rather asked me to find a job till they can get me married.

I was apprehensive about finding a job as nowadays no one gives a nice earning post to graduate, rather they look for someone with a masters degree and lots of experience

I was apprehensive about finding a job as nowadays no one gives a nice earning post to graduate, rather they look for someone with a masters degree and lots of experience. I just wish that I could someday complete my studies and be a psychologist, helping people with their depression and weak mental conditions. After all I was myself a sufferer of depression, but my studies kept me strong and brought me out of my trauma.

The root of my depression and all the problems is me, myself (according to my parents at least) however I am unsure that why I am responsible for the way my life has been crafted out, as every single thing in my life is decided by my parents, from my clothes, to my food, then to my studies and even my future. I have no right to decide what I want because they control my life, rather they own me.

Confused right? let me just cut it a little short, now all my ordeals begin since I was born actually. My mother had severe complications during her pregnancy, she had a hard time giving birth to me hoping that I would be a boy and will lit up their lives and make them proud, and hopefully one day take over our business. But instead she was blessed, or rather in her words cursed with me. After my birth the doctors clearly told them that she won't be able to conceive me again. They would have happily disowned or killed me but they decided to keep me instead of living a childless life.

But I so wish they would have rather disowned me and thrown me away, being an orphan and not knowing about my parents would have been better than living this life. My parents hate me, my extended family hate me. They think that I will always put shame on their family, I would be their downfall. Though they never realised that they have become the reason of my downfall.

Since childhood, I never got the love of my parents. I was brought up by a nanny which my mother made sure was as cruel as her, beating me when I did some mistake, hitting me and even leaving me without food for days. The only thing they did was to give me my education, which I will be thankful for, but even this was for their selfish reasons as they hoped I would be their earning hand. They somehow even gave me the permission of completing my post graduation but then due to my amazing fate, note the sarcasm, my father's sister, my aunt told them that it will be good for them to get me married early before I miraculously fell in love with one of my co-worker or some friend and bring shame to their family.