A Wager (Bdoc)

No, I'm definitely not salty that Bdubs and Doc didn't make a wager.

Although the mini-games in general did provide some good ass Bdoc content, I'll give it that. Also before you read, personally I feel like this is a little OOC for Doc, or at least how I tend to write him, but y'know what? Shit happens.

Bdubs and Doc hadn't spent any time together in ages. So once Bdubs was told he could make wagers with members of the Mycelium Resistance, of course, he was going to approach Doc. He already had one with Etho, so why not strike up another?

The hybrid had agreed, but there was something behind his eyes that the builder couldn't quite decipher.

Their wager was deceivingly simple. If H.E.P won, Doc would be Bdubs' building assistant for a week. If the Mycelium Resistance won, he'd owe Doc a favor. What that favor was, the hybrid refused to say.

"You'll find out when we win," he teased.

"We'll see about that," the shorter laughed, giving him a playful shove.

-

A day had passed since the Mycelium Resistance won the turf war, and Doc had yet to show face around Bdubs and get his favor. He was in his castle, studying his decorations and deciding what else to add when the sound of fireworks could be heard outside.

The tall hybrid landed outside his throne room and for a moment, the two silently stared at each other.

"Here for the favor?" he assumed out loud. Doc didn't say anything, instead, he made swift movements, pinning Bdubs against the wall.

He towered over the shorter brunette, his hands on either side of his shoulders to keep him from escaping. The hybrid stared him down, making his heart race. The freckled male clutched his chest, a feeble attempt to control his pounding heart.

What is he doing? What is this?

"Yes," Doc said in a low, gruff voice. His eyes were sparkling, determination swirling around them. "I want you to kiss me."

"Wh-What?" he sputtered, feeling his face grow hot.

"Anywhere you feel most comfortable," he elaborated. As if that makes it any less embarrassing. Bdubs thought.

"Give me your hand," the light brunette spoke softly and averted his eyes. The hybrid held out his flesh hand, and he carefully took it. He closed his eyes and pressed a soft kiss to his palm.

When his eyes opened, he peeked at Doc's face, to find his face flushed and eyes sparkling. He looks so cute. He thought as the hybrid gently pulled his hand free, using it to hold his face and rub his cheek with his thumb. The short hermit leaned into his hand and took only a second to make his decision.

He wrapped his arms around the darker brunette's neck and pulled him close. Before he closed his eyes, he caught the surprised expression on Doc's face and giggled before kissing him.

Although he clearly wasn't expecting this, the hybrid was quick to press into the kiss. He leaned on his robotic forearm and moved it to be above Bdubs so they could be closer. Bdubs moved his hands up to grip onto his hair. If there was any more space between their bodies, he made sure it was closed. The freckled male felt as though he was drowning and his lungs burned for him to come up for air.

Finally, they pulled apart and it was silent between the two, the only noise being them both catching their breath, chests heaving. "Y'know," Bdubs finally said. "Maybe losing wasn't that bad."