Feel My Heartbeat (Mango)

Love how this my second time writing Mango content and both times it's hurt/comfort over a panic attack. But don't worry, next time you see this ship in the book it'll be so much softer uwu

Also, I think it's important you all know the title of the document is just '
Can you feel my heartbeat I'm tired of feeling never enough I close my eyes and tell myself that my dreams will come true' and I think this only matters to the YOI fans. 

One more thing before you can read (sorry lol) but mentioned in this fic are these black rings which show you the heartbeat of the opposite wearer (?) and I found about their existent because of  Vestigially I think. They're so swag I want them in real life. (Okay now you can read)

Mumbo realized he had been spending his days surrounded by three different heartbeats.

First, there was his. Obviously. It'd be concerning if he wasn't.

Second, there was the giant gold heart that made up the top of his base. It echoed through the temple, whispers of the heart reaching the storage system below, where he currently was.

And third, there was the heartbeat on the ring on his finger. It was Tango's heartbeat, to be specific. He and his boyfriend had talked about getting couple's rings. He was going to surprise him and buy a pair of rose gold rings, but Tango surprised him instead one day with these.

The heartbeat of the opposite person would appear across the black band. Admittedly, he found it a little weird at first. It worried him that Tango could constantly feel his heartbeat.

But as the weeks flew by, he found it rather charming. It ended up coming in handy once when Tango fell into a cave and was surrounded by mobs. Mumbo had seen his heartbeat quicken and quickly raced to his rescue without needing a message via communicator.

-

He flew out of his storage area, golden apple in hand. After feeding his base, the ravenette checked his list of things he wanted to get done for the day. But then he felt something. Mumbo placed his hand over the book page and studied his ring. The heartbeat began to quicken and he furrowed his brows. I hope he's not stuck in another cave, he worried. After checking to make sure he was well equipped to face off mobs along with a healing potion, he messaged Tango, asking if he was okay and where he was.

When a couple of minutes passed and he got no answer, he only grew more worried as the heartbeat on the ring quickened. Unable to wait any longer, he disappeared through his nether portal.

Flying through the hellish dimension, he found Tango's portal.

-

"Tango? Are you here?" he softly called, wandering around his base. He wasn't inside either of the big towers nor any of the farms. Mumbo squinted, spotting a tree in the distance. As he neared it, he recognized Tango's messy blond hair and ran over. The closer he got he realized he was leaning against the trunk of the tree, hugging his knees tight to his chest. "Tango?" he repeated, kneeling next to him and placing a hand on his shoulder.

Blinking, the shorter looked over at him. Giant tears were clouding his eyes and pouring down his cheeks, but despite that his face was blank. "What's wrong darling?" he asked, gently peeling one of his hands off his legs and lacing their fingers together. He realized just how tight Tango was gripping his pants, and pulled the other off and gave it a small squeeze.

Staying silent, the red-eyed hermit moved closer and laid his legs over Mumbo's lap. He pulled his right hand free and used both hands to squeeze the redstoner's hand. "Can you tell me what happened?" the paler asked, kissing his temple. The other male subtly shook his head and closed his eyes. He leaned into Mumbo's chest while he used his free hand to run his fingers through his blonde hair and massage his scalp.

Glancing at his ring, he saw the heartbeat slow down and relaxed. Tango let out a shaky breath and let go of his hand to wipe his eyes. When he looked up at him, Mumbo took one of his hands again and kissed the back. "Sorry for worrying you," he murmured, moving his hand to hold his cheek. "I felt my communicator buzz in my back pocket but I didn't feel like looking at it."

"As long as you're okay now, it's all good so don't apologize," he assured him, pressing a kiss to his forehead. "Do you still not want to talk about it?" Mumbo checked. Tango shook his head and he responded with an understanding smile. He stood up, pulling the shorter up with him.

"Do you want some lunch?" Tango prompted, lacing their fingers together. "There's a nice cafe in Aqua Town we can go to!"

"Sounds perfect," he agreed, kissing his cheek.