I'm Not Running Away (Bdubs + Doc)

So a while ago Vestigially and I rewatched the beginning of Season 7 from Bdubs' perspective, mainly because we're starving for bdoc content. And in the episode where he accidentally blows up the Goat head, he basically runs away because angy Doc is a scary Doc.  Also, this is an open-ended/unhappy ending fic. 

The crack of thunder was followed by a downpour of rain. Bdubs didn't care, he just had to get away. He told himself he just wanted to explore, but there was no use in lying to himself. There's no way he was going to be around when Doc finds out what he and Keralis did to the mountain. An angry Doc was sure to make him cry if not kill him.

Completely soaked, the hermit almost slipped on the grass as he carefully made his way down a hill. He gripped his arms to try and stop his shaking. His black shirt was clinging to his torso, making him feel even grosser. Though despite the rain, he could tell the plain he found was a beautiful area. Bdubs stopped walking and looked around, beginning to envision the builds he could create. If I live long enough to make them, that is. He bitterly thought.

"Bdubs? Is that you? What're you doing out here?"

The short builder froze. Does he run? Hide? Of course, he could always try and face Doc, but he doesn't have a death wish. So ignoring the hybrid's questions, he darted off, sprinting across the plain.

"Hey! Wait!" His chest panged at the worried tone, but he kept running.

The freckled hermit cursed under his breath as he slipped on the grass. Hearing the taller brunette's approaching footsteps, he just curled up in a ball.

He never felt more helpless.

He never felt more stupid.

Bdubs flinched as he felt a hand touch his shoulder. "Bdubs, are you okay?" a soft voice asked.

"Just get it over with," he muttered, pulling away from the touch.

"What? Get what over with? Bdubs what's-"

"If you're going to kill me just do it already!" the short builder shouted. His words echoed off the trees as he braced himself for the feeling of a sword. Will he slice his head off, drive it through his back?

Doc knelt down and lightly rubbed his arm. "I don't know what you're talking about, I don't want to kill you," he slowly explained. "I was on my way back to the house when I saw you here. Bdubs it's raining, let me help you get home."

He doesn't know! He hasn't seen the mountain yet! But when he does... I'll be right there, and it'll be so easy for him to just... Bdubs slowly sat up, pulling away once again from Doc's comforting touch. "Just leave me alone," he whispered.

"No, you're going to get sick out here!" the hybrid protested.

With a mixture of frustration, terror, and anger coursing through his blood, Bdubs turned around and grasped the other's lab coat. "Why do you care what happens to me? I'm not your concern! Just leave me alone, okay?"

The darker brunette's expression darkened, but he still seemed worried. So Bdubs let go of him and stood up. "You should be angry at me. You should hate me. Just hate me already." He couldn't tell if it was tears falling down his face or if it was rain, but he wiped his eyes nonetheless.

"Alright," Doc sighed, standing up. "I'll leave you be. Just... know that I could never hate you, alright? And I never will," he promised.

To Bdubs, it felt like an empty promise, as he knew what was awaiting the hybrid. He watched him walk away for a moment, before turning away, scanning for a good place to camp out for the night. Climbing down into the wall of a ravine, he peeled off his soaked shirt and pants and left them out to dry next to a campfire. Thankfully he had a spare shirt on him and threw it on before curling up in his bed, praying he doesn't wake up to an angry Doc.