Something I Might Regret (Mango)

MORE Mango content? Well say no more I got you

Mumbo gripped the sleeve of his jacket as he nervously glanced over at Tango. The two friends decided to just relax after a long day of non-stop work atop Toon Tower. The blonde was leaned back, bracing himself on his hands with his face tilted up towards the warm, spring sun with his eyes closed. Mumbo watched him deeply inhale and push it out through his nose. His grip on his sleeve tightened.

Tango looked so handsome just sitting here next to him. Just calm down. You've been doing fine not saying anything for months. Why let that change? He reasoned with himself. Releasing himself from his own death grip, he placed his hands on his knees whilst his legs dangled over the edge. Although, wouldn't it be nice to just tell him? A small voice pointed out.

The ravenette swallowed and rolled his shoulders. He slowly looked over to the red-eyed hermit yet again. A small smile had appeared on his face as his eyes fluttered open. He locked eyes with Mumbo, his smile growing wider. "Dude you're supposed to be relaxing. Whatever you're thinking about just let it go for now," he teased, sitting up straight and playfully nudging him.

"Sorry," he awkwardly laughed. "I wish it was that easy."

"Would it help if you talked ab-"

"No." He answered far too quickly for his own liking and he could tell Tango clearly wasn't buying it.

"What's bothering you?" the blonde redstoner softly asked, scooching a little closer. Mumbo just stared at him, taking in every detail of his face as if the moment he looked away Tango would disappear. They were sitting so close together if he just rested his hand on Tango's leg and leaned over, he could do the one thing that's been on his mind for countless weeks. 

But he can't, so he won't.

"There's... something I've wanted to do for a long time. That maybe, once I do it, I'll feel better and sleep easier," he cautiously explained.

"So what's stopping you? If it's a project I know for a fact you'll blow it out of the water," Tango encouraged, his smile growing.

"Oh um, it's less of a project and more like... something I want to say, or, like, do. It's something I fear I might regret doing, but at the same time, I'll regret it if I don't. Does that make any sense?"

The blonde thought for a moment. "I guess that makes sense, yeah. But whatever it is; you should just go for it, Mumbo! If you hold off doing something for too long, it can really mess with you," he gently pointed out, brushing a stray hair out of Mumbo's face.

"What if it was about kissing someone?" The lightest touch from Tango made the words burst from his chest before he even had the chance to consider what it was he was about to say. Much to his surprise, the other simply shrugged.

"The same logic applies, right? Pining after someone for a long time- won't you lose sleep over that kind of thing?" It's like the shorter knew he had. Now that wouldn't surprise him. Tango easily read him like the open book he was and it didn't bother him that much anymore. A sly smile formed on his face. "So who is it? Who's this person you want to kiss?"

Despite the fact he was obviously just teasing him, the opportunity could not present itself in a clearer way. There's not a chance a perfect moment like this could pop up again.

His heart was beating against his rib cage, shaking his breaths. The words were clogged in his throat, practically suffocating him. He wanted to let them pour out like a romantic poem, but only one word was able to break free. "You."

Tango's smile only grew and he tilted his head. "Now let me ask you again; so what's stopping you?"

His heartbeat only grew and he finally, finally let his emotions charge his movements.

One hand rested on Tango's leg, his fingers just grazing his inner thigh.

The other reached over and held his jaw.

Guiding the shorter hermit closer towards him, the two closed their eyes as lips touched. Tango's lips were lightly chapped, but they were warm and there was the slightest hint of cinnamon. Mumbo subconsciously gave his leg a squeeze and only realized when the other inhaled sharply. Tango's right hand caressed his cheek, while his other pinched the collar of the black suit.

When they finally parted, the shorter took one of Mumbo's hands and rubbed the back with his thumb. "So tell me, do you regret that?" he whispered while trying to catch his breath.

"Never," the mustached hermit breathed, his heart still racing. Humming, the blonde moved his hand to his black hair to fix it again.

"Are you free tomorrow night? I know this great place for a date."