I'll Always Wait for You (Bdoc)

I promise you this is actual Bdoc content.

Also, I've realized I love writing dream sequences. Mixing metaphors with nonsense/inconsistent everything is too much fun.

After waiting months after Doc's strange disappearance, Bdubs never felt happier to see his return. From the moment he arrived back Bdubs refused to let him leave his sight, constantly following him around like a puppy. It took a week for Doc to finally explain where he had been. Apparently, the G.O.A.T Mother had a tendency to send him on spontaneous quests, and he wouldn't be able to return until after they were completed.

Learning this scared the builder more than he felt it should've, but it also created a puddle of resentment towards the mountain in the pit of his gut. It didn't sit right with him that this chunk of stone that he helped rebuild had the power to snatch his boyfriend from his grasp at any moment. Hell, it did it two days after Doc's confession.

-

Bdubs took a deep breath, taking in the smell of the hybrid's shirt as he buried his face into Doc's torso. He heard the soft chuckle of the half-creeper as he pulled the blanket over both of them. After another long day of working on projects for both of them, they finally managed to lay down at Bdubs' base for some sleep.

"Goodnight Bee," the darker brunette whispered, kissing the top of his head. He hummed in response, his hands loosely holding the fabric of the shirt.

-

The hermits were all chatting and laughing in front of the Town Hall. It was truly a peaceful and happy sight, but why did he feel so empty? Bdubs swallowed, holding his smile as to not worry his friends. Maybe I should just talk to Doc, he reasoned.

Weaving around the crowd, he searched.

And searched.

"Hey Xisuma?" he asked, tapping his shoulder. "Where's Doc?"

The admin raised an eyebrow. "Who?"

Bdubs backed up and searched his eyes for even just a glint of humor. "What d'ya mean 'who'?" he awkwardly laughed.

Suddenly, he can feel everyone's concerned eyes on him. Whispers of 'are you okay' and 'what's wrong with you' filter through his ears. The voices get louder, more stressful, and drown out every thought. Bdubs squeezed his eyes shut, yelling at everyone to go away and leave him alone.

Someone touched his shoulders and he opened his eyes. He looked up and saw Scar, a sad smile on his face and clouded eyes. "It'll be okay," he promised. Feeling confused, Bdubs blinked and looked across from where he was kneeling.

Immediately tears build up in his eyes and he let out a shaky cry. Covering his mouth, he stared in disbelief at the grave in front of him.

Doc's grave.

The words engraved simply read, His death is unknown but his life will forever be remembered.

With a shaky hand, he reached forward and traced the letters. Above his name was a silhouette of a goat head. He pulled his hand away and gripped the grass beside his legs. "You can't be gone," he whispered in between sobs. The eyes on the goat began to glow a bright red.

"Move on," the goat whispered.

He vigorously shook his head. "No he's not gone," Bdubs insisted.

"MOVE ON!" the voice bellowed, causing him to flinch.

-

With a shaky breath, Bdubs eyes flew open. He had to blink away tears as he abruptly tried to pull away from Doc, but didn't get very far. Arms were holding him in place and only held him tighter. Realizing he had a death grip on Doc's shirt he looked up and jumped.

His eyes were full of worry and were searching Bdubs' for an answer. "Hey, hey it's okay," he whispered, pressing kisses to his forehead. "It was only a dream, it can't hurt you."

Swallowing his sobs, the freckled hermit just nodded. "I-I'm okay now," he mumbled.

"Bdubs you're still shaking," his boyfriend softly pointed out.

Sniffling, he slowly nodded and muttered some form of apology. The hybrid pulled him closer and moved a hand up to stroke his hair. His grip on Doc's shirt loosened as soft words floated through him. Tilting his head up, he shuffled up on the bed to lightly kiss him. The hand on his head entangled fingers with light brunette locks as Doc echoed the gesture.

"Thank you," Bdubs murmured, suppressing a yawn as best as he could. He nuzzled the crook of his neck and let himself drift off again.

-

Thankfully, he didn't have another nightmare. The rest of the night went by in the blink of an eye. When he woke up, Doc was already sitting up and was gazing down at him while stroking his hair. He somehow managed to pry Bdubs off of him without waking him up.

"Mornin'," the shorter mumbled with a lazy smile.

"God, I'm going to miss this," Doc breathed. His smile fell and he slowly sat up.

"Wait, you're not being called away on another one of those missions, are you?" he worried, touching his cheek.

"No, no, I think I'm done with those for a while. Don't you remember? I need to visit my family for a couple of days to help them," the taler hermit reminded him. Bdubs relaxed, closing his eyes and nodding. "I actually need to leave soon, since they're ahead of us in timezones."

Bdubs smiled once more as his hair was pushed out of his face and a kiss was planted on his forehead.

-

The two stood outside the infinity portal tucked away under where spawn island used to be. "I'll be here when you come back, 'kay? I'll be waiting for you." Bdubs squeezed him, selfishly wishing his boyfriend wouldn't leave.

"Thank you, and I promise to come back as soon as possible."

As Doc stepped towards the portal, he instinctively reached forward and grasped the back of his lab coat. When the tall hybrid looked back at him with a concerned expression, he quickly retracted his hand. "S-Sorry."

"Don't be," he laughed, moving back over to raise his chin and kiss him. "I love you, Bee."

"Love you too," he murmured.

Bdubs gripped his black sleeves as the other disappeared through the portal.

He knew Doc was lying about where he was going.

He knew it was going to take more than a couple of days.

Why Doc lied he wasn't quite sure. But regardless, he was going to wait, like he always did. Because one day he will come back.

He has to. 

Ambiguity is going to be a theme over the next two drabbles. It's fun making y'all try to think about what's really going on! Also I know this is long for a drabble, but I'm also throwing the lower quality stuff I don't put a lot of effort into in this book so that's why it's here lol