Alex was less cut off after that dinner. Hermione and Ginny were the only two she actually spoke with, and she still completely avoided Lupin and Black, but she did sometimes come down for dinner.

That night that her parents demanded to speak with her, her mother had sealed the kitchen with numerous spells, before turning to her.
"Severus visited today." Alex scrunched her nose.

"Severus?"

"We're adults, Alex, and practically family through you. I'm hardly going to call him professor."

"Can we tell Ron I'm adopted and that he and Snape are technically family too?" She perked slightly.

"Alex." Arthur said, tiredly. She deflated.

"Are the gems hex free?"

"Yes. And worth quite a lot." Molly and Arthur shared a quick glance. "Now, as your parents, we are in charge of your funds, however you are nearly seventeen, as you keep reminding us. So we can get you a personal vault in Gringotts to keep it in until you're of age, or we can look into liquidating it for you."

"How much are they worth?" Alex asked.

"The diamond is valued at three million galleons." Alex's eyes widened.

"That's a joke, right?"

"Not at all. The emerald and the ruby each are worth a million."

"So currently, we own five million galleons worth of gems?"

"Possibly more, with your circlet."

"Except if anyone but me wears it or even touches it, very very horrible things will happen." She sighed. "Okay cut the ruby. Put a fairly nice piece into a necklace for mum and sell the rest. Use that for anything we need. School, books, outfits, whatever. Whatever you want. We can put the diamond and the emerald in Gringotts. Save it for emergencies."

"Anything in particular you want?" Alex started to shake her head but paused.

"One thing. A memorial for Cedric at Hogwarts. A statue or something." Her mother smiled kindly.

"Oh, darling." She gave her a hug. "Of course."

"Thanks." She said. "I'm a little tired, can I go to bed?"

"Get ready to wake up early tomorrow. Your mother can take you to Gringotts to get you set up with your own vault, and I'll find someplace to cut the ruby."

"What's wrong with the family vault?"

"You're growing up. It's about time you had your own, don't you think?"

"The twins don't have their own vaults."

"The twins don't have valuables or a steady income."

"Does Percy?"

"And Charlie, and Bill, yes."

"What if they ask?"

"Since when do you tell your siblings anything?"

"Can I get a little piece of the ruby, actually?"

"Of course."

"Just the ruby. Not in any setting." Her father nodded.

"What for?" Molly asked.

"I want to make Hermione a bracelet." She said. "By the way, that lady- Tonks. Her mum isn't Andromeda Black, by any chance?"

"Yes, why?"

"Andromeda was Morgana's best friend before they had a falling out because Amdromeda fell for a muggle. Her daughter was friends with Charlie, and the last name sounded familiar."

"You had a busy year."

"Ced," her breath hitched. "He found her yearbook in the library. There was a little bit about her."

"I didn't know you had questions."

"I didn't." Alex felt rather small in that moment. "Not really. But I did wonder what she might've been like. I spent one year with him and it sucked. He raised her her whole life."

"You can talk to us about it, you know. About Morgana or Titus."

"I know. It's okay. It really wasn't a big deal. I know who my parents are. I was just a little curious and then... um, I guess Hogwarts showed me a few memories of her and Andromeda. The walls have a lot of stories to tell." Alex shrugged. "I'm not totally oblivious to what she was like. She was voted most likely to curse muggles, she cut ties with her best friend because Andromeda was in love with a muggleborn. I know she changed and that that matters but who she was before also matters." She saw her mother and father look at each other. "What?"

"Andromeda and Morgana reunited, before she died."

"They what?" Alex asked.

"Before going to Dumbledore, Morgana went to Andromeda. She helped hide Morgana for a duration of her pregnancy. It's where you were born." Her mother explained. Alex leaned heavily on the wall.

"You never told me that."

"We thought we might leave it up to you if you wanted to know."

"What else don't I know?"

"Morgana initially wanted Andromeda to take you in, but didn't know if it was safe."

"Does Tonks know anything?" Molly shook her head.

"No, of course not." Alex nodded slowly. "And your middle name."

"What about my middle name?"

"As you know, it's tradition for the eldest daughter's middle name to be her mother's first, and the eldest son's to be his father's first."

"Yeah. Ginny's middle name being Molly and mine not should have clued me in to my adoption." Alex shrugged. "I just always thought you named me after a friend of yours."

"Well, naming you Morgana wasnt an option, so Mandy was her condition. M for Morgana-"

"And Andy for Andromeda." Alex worked out. "Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god."

"Alex-"

"May I be excused? I'm getting tired." Her mother took down the enchantments on the door and Alex walked out. She ignored her siblings and walked straight to her room and sat on her bed.

"What happened?" Hermione asked and Alex shrugged. Another non-answer. Hermione let her be, instead picking up a book and reading beside Alex.

A/N- favourite line "Can we tell Ron I'm adopted and that he and Snape are technically family too?" Well, that would be something 😂