25

"Hey, Weasley." Blaise and Draco slid into the seats on either side of Alexandra.

"Jog my memory please. I have no idea who you are."

"Draco."

"Blaise."

"We're friends."

"Oh, cool. Hi." She said. "You wouldn't happen to know what happened to me, would you?"

"Nah. Pretty sure Granger's the only one who knows." Blaise said. "Are you really holing up in the library all day?"

"I think Hermione's started to get annoyed with me. Plus, I don't want to fall behind in class. Some of this is familiar, but I want to make sure I can keep up with my lessons."

"Well, Draco here can help you out with that later. Right now, we're not letting you spend all your time up here. Hogwarts isn't just all about studying." Blaise closed her books.

"But I have to catch up."

"No one knows what they're doing anyways, so you're already better than have the class. You can take a day off."

"I mean, some of us know what we're doing." Draco sounded a little offended. "But Blaise is right. You're not that behind. You can take a day off."

"I'm five years behind, remember?"

"Yeah, but you've been reading ahead since before you came to Hogwarts." Draco told her.

"We're not taking no for an answer." Blaise stood up and pulled her with him.

"Fine." She said and put her books in her bag. "So, how did we become friends?"

"We were partnered together for charms. We had to give our project in a lot earlier than the rest of the year since you were going to Mahoutokoro."

"I went to Japan?"

"Oh, you did a lot, Weasley." Blaise slung his arm around her shoulder. "I was almost expecting a bruise again."

"Again? Why would I bruise you?"

"It's just how you show your love." Blaise said, a teasing lilt to his tone. "No, you just don't usually like people touching you. Unless it's Hermione."

"Why?"

"I don't know. You guys are weird. No one gets it."

"Oh. Where are you guys taking me?"

"Well, Hogwarts is all good and fun, but Umbridge has made it a little restrictive. It's fun seeing Golden boy Potter get in trouble but it can get a little tedious having to sneak around."

"Why would you sneak around?"

"She has an unofficial rule with us Slytherins. As long as we don't get caught red handed, we're good to do what we want."

"That's not fair."

"Yeah well, Dumbledore has a similar agreement with the Gryffindors. We're just getting our dues."

"That's not fair either."

"That's life, sweetheart." Blaise said.

"So where are we going?"

"Hogsmeade. Good thing we're not wearing our robes. They'll never know we're from Hogwarts." Draco sniffed at her. "Well you might even be mistaken for a grandmother."

"We can't just leave." Alex ignored his dig at her clothes.

"Why not?"

"Because we'll get in trouble. Besides, it'll be a little hard to leave with the gate closed."

"Oh, how innocent. We're sneaking out, Weasley." Blaise said. She protested but let them drag her along.

When she returned back to her dorm that night, she was confronted with a worried Hermione.
"Someone's in trouble." Megan sung as Alexandra walked in carefully. She wasn't sure how she felt about Megan yet. Megan always seemed like she existed to poke Alexandra's nerves.

"Where were you?" Hermione asked.

"In the library." Alexandra shrugged.

"Don't lie. I came by. Last anyone saw you, you left with Malfoy and Zabini."

"Well, I was at the library so it's not a lie, but then they came over and insisted I take a break, so we hung out."

"Where?" Hermione pressed.

"What are you, my mother?" She shrugged. "I don't owe you my full itinerary."

"Yeah, well, considering you literally have no memories of the past five years, excuse me for caring."

"Whatever, it's none of your business what I do with my time." Hermione's eyes drooped. "And despite my lack of memories, I'm not actually a child. You don't have to treat me like one."

"Right. Fine." Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Anyone else want some popcorn right now?" Megan whispered to the Hufflepuffs around her.

"Megan!" Charlie rebuked.

"I'm going to go get some dinner from the kitchens." Alexandra turned to leave.

"It's uncanny. It looks like her and sounds like her but-"

"I'm not an it, Jones." Alexandra flounced out. Hermione sunk back onto the bed.

"Cheer up. This could all just end up being temporary." Susan comforted.

"That's not what I want." Hermione said. "I want her happy, and she is. It's just-"

"You miss her." Hermione nodded.

"Saphira and the unicorns do too, but we can't trust her with them yet. It's too early."

"Isn't this a role reversal? Us keeping secrets from her for a change." Megan said.

"What about her things? How long are you going to keep her notebooks?" Hannah asked.

"She wrote things in there, things she's forgotten. Things she wouldn't want to know. So unless she remembers, I'm keeping that all locked up." Hannah still looked uncertain. "I'm not reading them or looking through them. They're locked away, I swear. But she can't see them. This is a clean break for her."

"I suppose." Hannah agreed.

"A lot of what she wrote down were her nightmares. Things that kept her up when she couldn't sleep. Things she definitely would never have wanted her old self to see or know."

"We get it." Charlie said. "You're just looking out for her."

"I'm not sure if that's a harder job now or if it was worse before." Megan snarked.

"And you have to stop that." Hermione said. "She's not the Alex we knew. You don't have the same relationship you used to. She just thinks you don't like her now."

A/N- Haha oops. So a little trouble between Alex and Hermione 😗

Favourite line is "Anyone else want some popcorn right now?" Megan whispered to the Hufflepuffs around her.