62

Alex let Griffiths lead her out. At the very least he could take her to her friends where she could help them rather than aimlessly wandering around the large ministry.

"Hundreds would kill to have what you have."

"Trauma?" She retorted.

"He'll tire of you the longer you act like a brat." Griffiths said.

"When's he gonna tire of you?" He didn't answer.

"So we meet again, granddaughter." A cold voice called and she looked up. He was different. He had an actual body of his own and when he spoke it wasn't whispers and hisses. It sounded crueler and she crossed her arms, shifting, trying to appear braver than she was.

"Your minion took my wand." She tattled. "Is he allowed to do that?"

"I suspect the moment you have your wand back, you'll be using it against us. Griffiths was tasked to bring you to me unharmed."

"He failed. My wand means a lot to me and I've been emotionally harmed by it's confiscation." Voldemort let out a shrill laugh.

"Return it to her, Thorgills." He said.

Griffiths took her wand out of his pocket and handed it over. He still kept his wand trained on her. "It's like he doesn't trust me." She remarked sarcastically.

"Trust must be earned. Come with me."

"You murdered my boyfriend. Why would I?"

"Who?" Alex clenched her jaw and tightened her grip around her wand.

"Cedric. At the graveyard. When you got this form. You ordered Pettigrew to murder him."

"Collateral damage."

"Even now you're attempting to murder my friends."

"An order that can be reversed at any time."

"And all I have to do is pledge allegiance to you?" Alex took in a deep breath. "You know, I've been learning more about her. Morgana."

Voldemort didn't answer, looking a little curious as to where she was going with it.

"It was her idea that I never get to know you. That I never get anywhere close to you." Alex raised a brow. "Why should I join you, when she clearly wished otherwise?"

"Your mother was loyal to me." He said. "The old fool may have poisoned her in her last few moments, but I was her father and she was loyal to me. In her right mind, she would have wanted you by my side. Our side."

"I don't think Dumbledore had anything to do with it. I think it was because she fell for a muggle and she knew you would kill him. She didn't want me near that."

"I wouldn't have killed him." Voldemort lied. "She could have kept him, as her pet."

"You killed my boyfriend and he was a pureblood. Why should I trust anything you say?"

"I'll make it up to you." He offered.

"How? Are you going to revive Cedric?"

"I have a better offer. You'll rule by my side. For eternity. Never having to worry about mortality."

"I'm seventeen, and I'm already fed up of living. Immortality doesn't hold the same appeal to me as it does to you."

"Then you may choose one person to be pardoned. Muggle... muggleborn..." he sneered. "As long as it isn't Potter."

"Is this your idea of a consolation prize? You truly are a sociopath, aren't you?" She scoffed. "Sorry I killed your boyfriend, but why don't we go shopping for a new one?"

His red eyes seemed to darken in thunderous anger. She met his eyes defiantly only to realise her mistake too late. She tried building up her occlumency walls, which worked for a short time. Eventually they fell apart and he was in her mind. So instead she focused on distraction. Hide her grief and sadness under a layer of anger. Keep everything deep below.

Just like she planned, he tore past her anger only to be pulled into a well of anguish. She poured all of her emotions to him. All that had been tainted with Cedric's death. Having to lose him, fear of losing her family, fear of losing Hermione. She mustered all the sadness and fear she could, emotions he wasn't capable of and let them take over him.

He got out of her head, confused by the intensity of her emotions. Alex gripped her wand tight.

"Griffiths was right. You shouldn't have given me back my wand. Now nothing's keeping me here." She said, and disapparated.

She reappeared outside the room and ran to look for her friends. She found Luna and Ginny holding an unconscious Hermione on the floor. She slid down, crouching by her friend.

"What happened?"

"What I can tell from Neville, there was a death eater. He cast some sort of spell and it hit her." Ginny said. Alex put a finger to Hermione's neck, sighing with relief as she found a pulse. She put the back of her hand to Hermione's skin.

"She's warm, and she's got a pulse. That's good. She looks like she's breathing alright too. Where did the spell hit her?"

"I don't know. Neville!" Ginny called. He looked up. "Where did the spell hit Hermione?"

Neville stood thinking for a moment, before making a slashing movement halfway across his chest to his side. Alex nodded, and situated herself so no one could see Hermione. She lifted up the Gryffindor's shirt only to see a large bruise on the side of her ribs. Ginny gasped. Alex took off her bag and opened it, pulling out healing salves.

"What are you doing?"

"The curse is spreading." Alex said. "Look." It was true, there were short wires that seemed to be darkening and moving across her body. "Hopefully this will stop it."

Alex applied some of the salve and pulled Hermione's shirt down again.

"Sirius is dead." Ginny informed her sister. Alex froze.

A/N- heh heh... Oop. So Alex doesn't have as much to do with the main battles and stuff, but tbf, she had her own stuff going on. Next chapter's the last of this book 😬

Sorry for the late update, but I hope you enjoyed it. My favourite line here is "Sorry I killed your boyfriend, but why don't we go shopping for a new one?"