32

"Saph's mistaken. I'm sure she meant your brother. Charlie gave you a book about dragons. You identified her from that." Hermione immediately set about damage control.

"But she said uncle." Alexandra frowned.

"Do you have an uncle?" Alexandra shook her head.

The red-haired man. Saphira added.

"That's my brother. Charlie." Alexandra said.

Hermione, and pretty much all of her friends, had been disappearing for a few hours every week. Alexandra usually stayed in the library.

"Studying up on your potions?" Malfoy and Blaise slid into the seats on her table.

"Congratulations on beating out Danny. Again." Blaise smirked.

"Not that we're supposed to say any of that. Slytherin solidarity, of course." Malfoy smirked. She put her quill down and turned to him.

"Yeah well Weasley solidarity means when you insult my mother, you lose the right to talk to me. But thank you, Blaise."

"I was just trying to rile up your brothers."

"I get that. I don't get you involving my mother, who you've never even met."

"You're welcome, Weasley." Blaise said once it was clear Draco had nothing to add. Alex turned back to her books. She heard them whisper to each other. "Draco wants to know if you're going to hex him again."

"I've never hexed him." Blaise looked down. "Not that I can remember, anyways, and I'm not going to. As much of a prat as he is, I'm not going to hex him."

"Well, that's a relief." Blaise said dryly.

"Hermione says I shouldn't be friends with you." She pointed at Draco, then at Blaise. "She doesn't know about you."

"Wait, why aren't we the same?" Malfoy scowled.

"Well, he doesn't insult my mother."

"Also, you've kind of got a suspected dark family, and I'm just neutral." Blaise muttered and his friend glared. "Not that Alex- Alexandra blames that on you. In her own words, until you make your own decision, she's your friend. That was before, though, so who knows what she thinks now?" Alexandra laughed.

"I think I don't know him well enough to know what kind of person he is. I can't judge that. My only impression of him is sneaking out of Hogwarts and insulting my mother."

"Okay, we snuck out of Hogwarts together, because you were mopey." He defended himself.

"You insulted my mother." She said. "What kind of justification have you got for that?"

"You insult my dad all the time."

"No, she doesn't." Blaise said.

"Well, she gets close. And stops herself right before. And I'm pretty sure she threatened my father and got away with it, too."

"I did not threaten your father." She crossed her arms.

"Yes, you did. Buckbeak was definitely going to be found guilty. Then you came with a letter, a letter that you insisted could only be read by him. Then suddenly he changed his statement for Buckbeak's trial, and got freaked out and came to talk to Snape and Snape had to talk to you. Anyways, you threatened him somehow and made him change his statement for the trial."

"Who's Buckbeak?"

"A hippogriff. Long story, third year."

"You think I threatened your dad, your very politically connected father, in my third year and he just... rolled over and gave in?" Draco frowned. He opened his mouth to answer but then closed it.

"You were scary back then."

"I was, what, fourteen? Fifteen? What could I have said to him?"

"She has a point." Blaise pointed out.

Potions was a weird class. Alexandra was getting used to her teacher being strange. He pretty much ignored her in classes and Hermione said she should try to fly under the radar but wouldn't give her a reason. She trusted Hermione, and trusted she had a reason. She didn't listen, of course, but she trusted Hermione had a reason to ask her to try to avoid Snape. She didn't know the reason, but she'd figure it out.

"Susan." She nudged her friend.

"Yeah?" Susan whispered back.

"How long left?"

"Um, about ten m-"

"Miss Bones. Is my class boring you?"

"No sir. Sorry sir."

"It was my fault, sir. I asked her a question." Alexandra spoke up. He glanced once at her and turned away, turning back to teaching the class. She turned to Susan. "Is it because I've lost my memories? Because none of the other teachers are giving me such slack and isn't he supposed to be the meanest of the lot? I'm talking over him in class and I don't even get a warning."

"I don't know, he's different with students He likes. The Slytherins, you... actually that's it. Just you and the Slytherins. He's your favorite teacher."

"Really?" Alexandra frowned.

"At least he was, when you remembered. Actually it's been really weird this whole year. I don't know. You kind of started hating him, I think." She whispered as soon as his back turned. Alexandra frowned, seeing Snape's head move slightly. He could hear them, she was sure. She didn't know where the idea or the certainty came from, but she knew. But he wasn't stopping Susan from talking.

"Well potions has always been my favourite subject." She said. "I'm going to try to talk to him, see if he'll say anything." She kept a close eye to see if Snape was reacting but there was nary a hint of acknowledgement.

"Is that a good idea?"

"Of course. He's our teacher, isn't he?"

A/N- Some more Alex-Blaise-Draco content. I love that trio.

Favourite line is "Draco wants to know if you're going to hex him again." 😂😂