I did it.

~

It was the fifth month since you first found out about shifting.

Loud drops of rain beating your window with diligence, dark, almost black sky which definitely did make you feel even more depressed only by looking at it, has been there for the third week in the round. It is almost 1 am, but tomorrow is Saturday, which means no chores or homework to do. Spare time, which you are waiting for so willingly every day's evening, finally came, and now you decide, whether to watch Netflix or to scroll Tik Tok for the hundredth time a day. You, as it usually happens, prefer the second option.

 Scrolling For You page, you notice a video screaming "I just woke up after being in Hogwarts for 15 hours!" The first thought immediately appearing in your head is " I don't see anything special about it, simple dream." However, you open comments and start reading. Strange, unknown words are all around. "Shifting, DR, Raven method, lucid dreaming, starfish position, shut off your left brain, counting"... These are things, you won't see under the random typical video, things, you cannot understand without context. You see so many comments saying "Congratulations!" and feel like a total fool.

You rapidly close an app and decide to search for at least something, that will help you find out what all of them are talking about, so you don't be confused. The first idea that you remembered out of that promptly made the right question to type in. "What is realities shifting?"

It is almost 3 am, but you have never felt as peppy as now. 2 hours of research definitely clarified so many things. Now you know all these abbreviations, terms, and meanings. You are looking for detailed info, stories from shifters, proofs. But even seeing all of that, you are doubting. You catch yourself thinking that this is a big joke and all of them just have inconceivable imagination. 

"In my DR everything is as I wanted and scripted it to be! I can feel hugging my comfort characters, smell the pumpkin pie, touch and take anything I like to. It is not a dream, it sounds absolutely insane, but all of that - IS REAL''

As far as you read it, something changed in the depth of your mind. And after that little click, nothing was the same.

6 am. You just finished writing the first part of your script. Maybe you could continue doing this for some more hours, but your heavy eyelids thought differently. You turned off your laptop and finally went to bed. Head was full of ideas, heart overfilled with mixed feelings. It was for sure too much for just one ordinary day, that's why you fell asleep in seconds being totally overwhelmed. 

You woke up early despite the fact you slept for few hours and open Tik Tok right away. From that night, this app had a special meaning for you. You started seeing videos about Harry Potter Universe far often, videos about shifting appeared one by one. You couldn't help but watch them until your mom came into your room, saying that breakfast was ready and she was waiting for you downstairs. 

You tried to hide your awesome mood and smile that was placed on your face by itself as it was sheer not your usual look, especially in the morning. Nevertheless, it was almost impossible because all of that simply was bursting you within.

After getting up, you cleaned yourself and sluggishly stomped to the kitchen. You came to mom, greeted her, and sat down next to her at the table. You stared at freshly cooked pancakes with your favorite caramel sauce but didn't touch them. You were sinking in endless imagination creations and seemed, that you even did not breathe. After a couple of minutes, your mom's voice pulled out of trans.

"Honey, is everything alright?", she asked politely. But one thing you managed to say was

"Ah, yuh", you smiled faintly to add authenticity to your words. Looked like your mom did not believe what you said, but she didn't ask any more questions and you just talked about some daily stuff and news.