Happy Halloween

~

The last few days passed by imperceptibly, meanwhile, Hogwarts had been changing greatly. Lots of creatures and beings were rushing around the castle, decorating it and getting everything ready for Halloween. The Great Hall looked insane: all the bright candles right under the ceiling, pumpkins with scary faces between them and not even mentioning the number of ghosts that were finally freed to have special fun this day, therefore spicing up the atmosphere with their presence.

Today was The Day, October 31st, and you were watching everyone getting ready for the evening. You didn't have any lessons today, which meant you can sleep extra hours or go get a Butterbeer with a group of friends but all you did was lie on the bed, reading.

The second you opened your eyes earlier today you remembered Tom's words and the excitement which didn't even manage to build up was already destroyed. So in order to forget about it all and ignore Halloween, you tried to bury your head into the fictional world.

But, despite your efforts, it was clearly almost unachievable.

"Now, what is this," Pansy was gesturing at you being unhappy with something.

You looked up at her, eyes tired and sleepy already, "what?"

"This," she torn a book away from your hands, "and this," she pointed out at your face, then your clothes, being at a loss.

"Ei!" you exclaimed, "I was reading!'

"Yeah I figured," she threw it away and sat next to you, "who the fuck reads on Halloween?"

You sighed, not really wanting to talk about why you are missing your favourite holidays, knowing what your best friend's reaction will be.

"I just don't feel like dressing up and stuff, you know?" you said, but you were known as a horrible liar, especially when it came to Parkinson, so you didn't put too much hope in this excuse.

"You? I don't believe you actually just said this, y/n." And you didn't either. "What's the real deal?"

You sighed again, this time heavier. "It's just... don't you think we grew up from this thing?"

She looked at you as if you were gone really crazy. "Listen, Halloween is all about having fun. The older we get the less we have those careless, cheerful moments in our very serious lives. So why miss it? Besides, if not funny, you can always make it sexy you know." She winked at you, then continued. "But I can feel it wasn't you who came up to this train of thoughts. So, who?"

There was no point in pretending so you told her. After your confession, you also mentioned that you didn't even bother finding an outfit, because you knew your boyfriend is not supporting all this and which is more, definitely not going to be your pair to have a couple's costume.

"Damn now this sucks. We have like what, 3 hours before the party itself?"

"I know," you replied, "and this is not the time which is taking you to fix things like these. So I'm really going to miss this time."

"Shit," she muttered, but later said louder, "there's no way," and after pausing for a little more, she finally jumped off the surface of your sleeping place and ran towards the door. "I'll be right back."

You let out another upset huff and fell back down on your pillows, covering your face with a book, just to get away from it again but now with eyes closed.

Not a minute later you heard a knock on your door. You didn't move and just yelled back at whoever was there. "Pansy's not here but the door is open."

After a smooth and quiet squeak of the wood, the sound of moving towards you slow steps was there.