what the hell's happening?

~

The shock almost paralyzed you, you could not understand what and, above all, how just happened even if you knew exactly what you have been doing these last months in your life. You tried to wake yourself up by rubbing your eyes with your fists, then opening them and still seeing the same picture. You continued your attempts with light blows to your legs and pinches on your skin and nothing helped. You still were sitting on this gigantic soft bed and everything around you was completely different.

You probably could have spent hours more on just wrapping your mind around it, but you decided to finally stand up and have a look at other things.

Your dorm room looked just as you visualized it before - a huge flat carpet in green colors and decorated with the main element of Slytherin house- snake, was spread on the floor. Small dirty windows under the ceiling, through which leaked some light, and in general, the whole room was sophisticated and prim at the same time.

The last thing that finally came up to your mind was watching into the old mirror, placed on the closet door. You ran up to it and looked at yourself. You may not remember what was written in your script, as memories from this reality gradually began to replace the ones you had till this moment, but you were amazed by who was staring at you from the reflection. Even that early in the morning you looked stunning and you smiled to yourself at this.

You examined yourself for good 5 minutes and were interrupted by a loud knock on the door - goosebumps ran all over your skin and you moved to the door straightaway. You had no idea who it was, so when you leaned to the door, you put your ear to the door and after seconds of pure silence you asked: "Who is it?"

An unrestrained sigh sounded on the other side of the wall and then a sharp female voice inquired: "You have 3 attempts to guess little fool" and just after this phrase, the door was wide opened and an average height dark-haired lass came in.

"Lost your mind while being in your abandoned cottage during summer huh?", she teased with a smirk and threw herself into your arms.

Pansy Parkinson. Giving you a hug. All memories with her immediately appeared in your head and it was definitely on time because you realized it was your roommate and best friend here. You laughed at this and hugged her back with delight.

Only now did you realize that it felt so oddly touching someone for the first time in another reality. Now you were convinced you were not just dreaming and it was real. You forced yourself not to think about what happened through the night and let your mind be fulfilled with brand new knowledge, thoughts, and ideas. And it felt freaking amazing.

You already knew it was the beginning of year 6 and students slowly came back from the summer holiday to Hogwarts. The welcoming morning feast waited for everyone down in the Great Hall and as far as you were both ready and idly dressed you went up to it.

To say that the school was just huge is to say nothing. When you walked down the moving staircase you thought it was a labyrinth of endless rungs which is impossible to overcome, so no need to talk about the size of the walls or ceiling height.

Less than half an hour had passed as you faced the entrance to the hall where almost all of the students were gathered. You approached the Slytherins house table in the flow of some other wizards and took your place at the end of the table where were some empty seats.

You could not help staring at everyone and especially searching for this one boy who made you so anxious only thinking about him and at the same time the most willingly one that you wanted to meet - Draco Malfoy. And your search was a success - your eyes locked on his and you smiled at him. Within a tiny moment, he stood up and came up to you, putting his hands on your shoulders, gently squeezing them, and saying: "Good morning, y/n". You were too dazed to make a proper greeting so you just looked back at him and whispered: " Hi, Draco". He grinned and got back to his place next to Blaise.