the party

~

Appalled, horrified, fragile. That was exactly how you felt at this very moment. Running down the dead long halls of the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry you thought of only one thing- to disappear from this ass place and never come back.

You could barely see the way you were running to. Mainly because you didn't care where to go. The further from this cursed library the better.

Some more time passed you stood still in front of a tiny door with a sign "do not enter" on it. An indescribable urge to go in possessed you and you slowly pulled the handle.

Apparently, the door wasn't locked- either in a muggle way or with spells. You wiped your tears and entered the room carefully. Space was fulfilled with bright moonlight leaking through the huge window instead of one wall there. After looking at it being hypnotized by the beauty of the sky right now you decided to explore this place. To your surprise, it was empty except for one thing. The mirror. And you knew on the spot what kind of a mirror was this.

You took some steps closer to it. You closed your eyes for a while taking a deep breath in. Exhaling you sobbed for the last time and opened them.

You were now standing on the enormous tribune with many many other people surrounding you. You recognized your friends there, feeling just right. Everyone was clapping their hands, screaming out of joy, celebrating the win of your team on a Quidditch pitch- Slytherins took first place and you were smiling at your blond-haired boy with ice grey eyes flying to you, thanking you for your support. Pansy and Daphne on your right jumping and hugging each other, while Adan is trying to throw some tomatoes at Gryffindors shouting "SUCKERSS". You laugh at him being such a clown again. You are finally happy. No fear, no drama. Just pure happiness and excitement.

That was what you desired the most in your life. That was the thing, you couldn't have in your original reality. That was the thing, you had shifted for. Yet you were standing there, in the middle of the night, absolutely alone in an almost empty room, only having the Mirror of Erised in it, bursting in tears again because of all that was happening to you right now, wishing this to be just a dream.

Sun rays woke you up and you realized you cried yourself to sleep last night in this forbidden place. You were still in front of the mirror, but you had no wish to look in it again despite the fact the smiley "you" looked at you from it. Enough of wet eyes, time to move on.

From this moment on you promised yourself not to let anyone fool you and try to finally enjoy things happening around you.

Gently closing the door, you made sure nobody saw you, you rushed to be back at your dorm. You had absolutely no idea what time was it, but classes were never canceled, so you would better be as fast there as you can.

Luckily, just a few younger students went by, so no one paid attention to you. As long you whispered the password from your common room, you entered it and almost ran to your room, so you don't bump into your fellow Slytherins who you very much not wanted to see right now.

You opened the door of your dorm room and immediately looked at the clock- 6 am. Fuh. It was such a huge relief so you even managed to squeeze out a little smile and sat on your bed. Just now you noticed Pansy sitting in front of you, fully awake and not content with your appearance, time of coming back, and the situation as a whole.

"Where have you been?" your bestie said in a classic mad teacher's voice.

"Em, studying." you lied of course. You didn't want to bring up meeting Mattheo nor telling her about the conversation that night before the lake. It would be too much to explain and well, to understand too.