back again

~

"Wakey-wakey best friend, you'll sleep in and miss morning's chocolate muffins," a sweet, cheerful voice sounded in the back of your head, mixing up with a loud, painfully ringing squeak.

Not without an effort, you slightly opened your eyes. As soon as you felt another surface rather than grass and soil you quickly sprang out and sit on what now was under you- your soft and cozy bed in emerald green with cream white colors.

A smiling brown-haired girl was sitting in front of you, the scorching sun was high up in the sky as it could be seen from a little slot under the ceiling, the whole dorm room was light and clean.

You just sit there, staring all around you as if you see your surroundings for the first time, barely moving, being in absolute awe.

"Hey, you good?"

A little jolt on your knee. You don't respond, heart pounding nearly 200 beats in a minute now, you physically couldn't comprehend what just happened.

Slowly, you looked down at your hands. You saw them clearly, everything was as it should be. "If not a dream...maybe it is just another illusion," you thought to yourself.

You now closed your eyes promptly, as well as held your hands to the ears tightly, whispering under your nose, "go away from my head, I'm not your toy anymore,"

"Hello?" 

Pansy snapped her fingers right in your face to bring your attention back. She was looking at you with a combination of pure confusion and kind of a terror, mostly just being amused by your actions,

"Now, what is it that you're trying to do right there?"

You realized it's not an illusion either. It's all real again. Something happened there, you just couldn't understand what exactly.

"I have to go," you remarked rapidly on one breath and headed to the door,

"To uh where?" your roommate stood up at your move,

"I have to talk to someone," you explained so she wouldn't come after you, "don't go anywhere,"

With that you rushed out of your room, trying not to lose your mind over comprehending the whole thing.

You had to see him. Make sure he was alive, that he was okay, and after that, discuss what just occurred there, on that god damn lake.

You did your best not to act weird while running down the dungeons to the boy's dorms. Going through the common room you saw an old-fashioned parchment calendar on the wall, right next to the clock.

Sunday, 4th of October, 1996.

Time showed 10 am, which explained the sun shining to your window so brightly. 

You stopped right there. Only now did you think of this not making any sense- when you left to the lake earlier today, it was way past noon.

It made you move towards Riddle's place even faster.

-

As you arrived, you knocked, hoping he's here. Your hands were sweaty and shaking, you couldn't stop chewing your lips, especially now while waiting for him to open the door. Fortunately, you heard the steps from the inside and soon enough the door was open in front of you.

"Greetings sweetheart," 

Tall and sort of slim, handsome boy towered over you. You had to raise your head to meet his eyes and so you did.

"Tom?" you bend your brows in confusion, "hi," making little breaks between the words you asked, "I thought you were away to the muggle world?" 

He chuckled softly, leaving a small peck on your lips beforehand,